8 - Control

The house was pretty quiet the next morning

The house was pretty quiet the next morning. It appeared as if last night's mission left almost everyone utterly exhausted since five of the members of Bangtan still remained asleep in bed. The fearless leader and his right-hand man had been up since five in the morning, meeting in Yoongi's office in order to go over last night's mission and review some new issues that have shown up on their radar lately that would require a bit of a shift in their team dynamics.

Jin was also up early, already hiding out in his lab, the black case from their bust last night sitting on his table as he had a small bag out, examining the drug and trying to figure out its purpose. He knew that testing it out on anyone would be risky, so until he could figure out whether it was safe or not, he would determine what was in the drug and research more the purpose of each element that was in it.

Taehyung groaned as he got up, rubbing his eyes as he tiredly glanced over at Jimin, who was laying on his stomach, shirtless, with drool soaking into his pillow. Taehyung scrunched up his nose before getting out of bed, grabbing his shirt off the floor and quietly shutting the door behind him.

He was surprised when he saw Charlie sitting in the dining room, a bowl of cereal in front of her.

"Good morning," he greeted, heading into the kitchen to make himself some toast.

"Good morning Tae, how're you?" she asked.

"I'm good," he replied, looking up at her and glancing at the small bruises on her face before his eyebrows furrowed. "I feel like I should be asking you that," he said, a boxy smile on his lips as she let out a light laugh.

"I'm good, took a few hits last night, but nothing too scary," she reassured while he hummed, shifting his attention back to his toast as it popped out of the small toaster oven. He spread some Nutella on it and added some fruit before joining her at the table, the two of them engaging in some small talk.

Both of them looked up as they heard footsteps coming from the hall, eagerly greeting Hoseok, who was followed by a disheveled looking Jungkook.

Charlie let out a small laugh as she stared at her friend's crazy hair, dark locks going in all directions. He shot her a glare, but it didn't phase her as she continued to giggle while Hoseok smiled at the sound. Jungkook walked over to the kitchen, also deciding on eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast while Hoseok went for his usual morning coffee.

"How's the tattoo?" Hoseok asked, glancing at the two youngest members.

"It's still a bit sore, but nothing too bad," Charlie admitted while Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"Wait, Jungkook got one too? Can I see them?" Taehyung eagerly asked while Charlie laughed, standing up before lifting her shirt a bit, revealing the top half of the phoenix. "Wow! That's pretty cool. How big is it?" Taehyung gushed while Charlie grinned and thanked him for the compliment before gesturing to her upper thigh. "That's huge!" he continued while Charlie laughed.