1 - Escape From Hell

At the age of 18, Charlie got kicked out of her foster home

At the age of 18, Charlie got kicked out of her foster home. She didn't mind though, her foster parents were a nightmare. The only reason why they decided to foster children was for the monetary benefits, so she was relieved to be out of that damn house, but there was still something missing.

She would spend the day roaming around the streets, finding ways to get food and stay out of trouble, and at night, she would go back to the house that she grew up in, the house that contained horrors and dark secrets from the 8 years that she spent there, but everything had changed two years ago when the couple she was living with decided to foster another kid.

Jungkook had been standing by the window, keeping his eye out for any movement outside as he looked for the familiar figure. A smile formed on his face when he saw Charlie walking towards his window. He eagerly opened it, holding his hand out for her to take as she stepped into his room. The two of them were partners in crime, relying on each other to survive the hellhole they called home, and for the past month, Jungkook had been sneaking her into his room so she would have a place to sleep at night.

"You okay?" he asked while she looked up at him, a grateful smile on her face.

"Yeah, thanks Kookie," she replied, taking off her backpack while he grabbed a pillow and extra blanket, throwing it on the floor. "Hey, I can sleep on the floor tonight," she offered only to have Jungkook stubbornly shake his head.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you sleep on the floor," he said, laying down before closing his eyes, listening as he heard the slight shuffling of clothes while she changed into something more comfortable to sleep in.

"Done," she muttered, causing him to open his eyes as she climbed into his bed. He stared up at the ceiling, feeling restless.

"Char," he called. The girl hummed in response, letting him know she was listening. "We're going to be fine, right?" he asked, causing her to shift on the bed and face him.

Jungkook was nervous. Tonight was his last night in this house, their last night here, and he couldn't wait to get out, but they were only 18 with no money, no job, and soon, no home. He told Charlie that he would always be there for her, the tattoo on his bicep proof of that as the crescent moon with the date they met was inked on his skin, a contrast to the dark crescent moon on Charlie's bicep.

He recalled the night they went out to get it, a month before Charlie's 17th birthday. They both got into so much trouble with the Hellhounds when they got home, Jungkook taking most of the beating that his foster mother lashed out at them for all the trouble they caused.

He swore to Charlie years ago that he would protect her, no matter what, and that was a promise he intended to keep... But how could he protect her and keep her safe in the streets when he was still a kid himself?

"Of course," she replied, her voice soft as she stared at him, pulling him out of his thoughts as a small smile appeared on her lips. "As long as I've got you and you've got me, we're good," she said while he smiled.