23 - Too Close To Home

After Jin had reassured him several times that Taehyung was going to be okay, Yoongi finally decided to head back to his office

After Jin had reassured him several times that Taehyung was going to be okay, Yoongi finally decided to head back to his office. He knew that Namjoon would be there and he didn't want to keep him waiting. Opening the door to his office, he saw the blonde haired man hunched over in one the chairs with a drink in his hand.

Namjoon didn't bother to look up at Yoongi, but instead raised his head to take a drink of the amber liquid. Yoongi went over to his decatur and poured himself a drink as well, joining his friend by grabbing the seat next to him.

"Why is it that every time I'm actually in the field, shit goes wrong?" Namjoon asked, keeping his gaze on the dark colored carpet of the room.

"Joon, you know that's not the case," Yoongi argued, trying his best to comfort his friend as he leaned forward towards him, trying to get Namjoon to look into his eyes.

"It's just frustrating," Namjoon admitted, downing the rest of his drink before getting up to refill it, not even bothering to sit back down as he downed the drink.

"Do you remember that assignment we had in Taihai?" Yoongi asked. He looked at Namjoon, who couldn't help but smile, nodding his head in response. "We knew we weren't going to get out without a fight. You were quick on your feet, gaining an advantage by taking out a guy while we had them stalled," Yoongi said. He remembered that day so clearly. They were only about 15 when Yoongi's father had sent them out on their own to execute a dangerous mission on enemy territory. Both of the boys were already beaten to hell when they were trying to get out of that damned warehouse that they were dropped off at. Namjoon had somehow managed to get the assholes that had them cornered to stop momentarily, sweet talking them into making a deal so he could buy them some time. As he was talking, he had pulled out a pen from his own pocket and uncapped it before throwing it into one of the guy's throats, bringing the number three down to two in a matter of seconds. Yoongi was quick to react, taking advantage of the stunned reaction of the other two before shooting both of them with timed precision.

"You are quick on your feet, just like you were today. You managed to get out of the meeting and got the car so that we could get Taehyung home safely," he stated. Yoongi's eyes met with Namjoon's as he gave his friend a small smile.

"I'm glad he's ok," Namjoon mumbled, watching as Yoongi's eyes glanced to the side. They both knew the game they played and knew that people would get hurt, but that didn't mean that it didn't affect them when it happened. "You weren't kidding when you said you saw a drive in her," he continued.

Yoongi recalled the conversation the two had when Charlie and Jungkook had first arrived at Bangtan. Yoongi was extremely hesitant in taking them in while Namjoon figured they could at least train the hell out of them and add them to some low level gang members... but, as training ensued, it was Yoongi who actually suggested they stay in their house and become members of their family.

"I'll be honest with you, I thought she would have reacted differently tonight," Yoongi mumbled. He finished his drink before holding up the glass for Namjoon to refill.