5 - The Burdens We Carry

After his talk with Yoongi, Namjoon decided to go down to the weapons room, grabbing a few blades to practice his precision while waiting for the others to return from their outing

After his talk with Yoongi, Namjoon decided to go down to the weapons room, grabbing a few blades to practice his precision while waiting for the others to return from their outing. He knew that he had to get answers as soon as possible, so he decided that he was going to be upfront and just confront both Jungkook and Charlie about their relationship once they got back.

As soon as he heard multiple footsteps coming from upstairs, he went to go get the blades out of the target dummy, taking a moment to put everything back in its place before he made his way to his room, hoping Jungkook was there.

However, he was not in their room, but there were plenty of bags set in the corner, untouched. He went to the next place he figured the newest member would be, walking down the long hall to reach Charlie's room.

Her door was wide open. Namjoon knocked on it before walking in, seeing Jungkook laying down on her bed while she was still organizing her clothes into her dresser drawers.

"Perfect, you're both here," Namjoon said, closing the door and turning back around only to be met with confused faces. "In this house, we appreciate transparency. We understand everyone has secrets, but if those secrets affect the other members of the household or this team in any way, then they need to be shared." Namjoon paused, waiting for a response, but both Jungkook and Charlie said nothing. They exchanged a glance with each other before turning back towards the blonde haired man in front of them. "How long do you two intend on sleeping together?" Namjoon asked, his eyebrows raised, indicating that he expected the truth from them both.

Jungkook sat up on Charlie's bed letting out a loud sigh. "I told you this morning that we are not together. We have slept next to each other every night for the last couple of months while living on the streets and used to sleep in the same room at our old foster home," Jungkook said, clearly irritated. Namjoon turned to look at Charlie to see what she had to say.

"What he said. He's my best friend, there's nothing romantic between us at all," she added before turning back to her dresser, wanting this conversation to end.

"So, let me get this straight. You two have known each other for a few years, have matching tattoos, sleep together, and basically have been by each other's side every single day, and yet, there is nothing romantic going on?" he inquired, trying to make sense of the whole situation. Namjoon was suspicious and made it clear that he didn't believe them. Jungkook stood up and walked closer to Namjoon.

"Why is it that a guy and girl can't just be friends? The reason why we are so close is because we had to be in order to survive, to stay safe and warm, something you would never understand." Jungkook looked Namjoon up and down, scoffing at how nicely dressed he was. He probably had everything handed to him and lived in a nice house his whole life, with no worries of wondering when his next meal would be.

Namjoon walked closer to Jungkook, causing Charlie to take a couple steps forward, worried about what was going to happen. "You don't know anything kid. We're a lot more alike than you think," he calmly replied. Namjoon turned to Charlie briefly, a small smile on his lips. "You got yourself a good friend, it's not always easy to find one that you can trust and depend on."