𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:ONLY HERE TO HELP

CHAPTER THIRTY:
ONLY HERE TO HELP

THE TWO BOYS JUST STOOD there for a moment, watching Elaine―︎who had just been lying on the table dead moments prior―︎with their mouths opened in slight shock. There was something different about her, she looked more alive than ever before. They were pretty sure it had something to do with the powers that Rebekah claimed she had, but they weren't exactly sure.

     "You're here. . . why?" Was the first question Elaine asked as she looked at Rebekah with a small frown dancing on her lips.

     "I'm the one that brought you back." Rebekah simply answered. Elaine's frown seemed to deepen before she took a moment to look around, realizing that she was no longer standing outside of the Hale house, but instead was inside of the animal clinic.

     "Brought me back? As in, I died?"

     "Yeah." Scott answered, nodding his head. "You were trying to protect me from the Alpha. And in doing so. . . you, uh, got yourself killed." As she remembered the slices that had been placed upon her neck, her hand immediately flew up to where the slice should have been, only to feel scarred skin instead. She swallowed.

     "Do I have. . . scars?" She hesitantly asked, turning to look between the three.

     "They're not bad." Stiles answered. "In a weird way, they kind of fit you. Battle scars."

     "Battle scars." The girl mumbled before nodding her head. She then looked up at Scott, suddenly becoming panicked. "Mom, does she. . ."

     "She thinks you're with Allison." Scott quickly dismissed, slowly walking up to her.

     "How the hell am I going to explain three giant scars to her?" Elaine whispered, looking at her brother as he stood right in front of her. She didn't want her mother to worry about her, because she was fine. She was perfectly fine, right?

     "I might can help with that." Rebekah spoke up. Elaine snapped her head towards the woman, narrowing her eyes at her. Rebekah sighed at her hesitance. "I know you don't like me, Elaine."

     "Is it that obvious?" The girl muttered. "Why are you even here?"

     "I'm only here to help." Rebekah calmly said.

     "Ah, yes, the word help must have a very different definition to you. Were you trying to help me when you abandoned me on their doorstep?" Elaine asked. She rose up a hand upon noticing the woman open her mouth. "Don't answer that. I'm glad you did, I have a better family now than I would've had had you kept me."

     "Elaine, I know you don't like her, but she did bring you back." Scott told her, making Elaine look towards her brother. She furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought. . . we thought you were dead. Allison and Argent still think you are. And once they found out how you came back, they're going to know. So, just. . . just let her help. And then, we can leave, and you don't have to see her again."