𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FIFTY:I WAS GOING TO SAY IT BACK

CHAPTER FIFTY:
I WAS GOING TO SAY IT BACK

SHE STOOD THERE IN FRONT of her brother and mother, Elaine explaining to her mother what exactly it was and what she could do. However, she decided it best to leave out the part about her dying. The two stood in front of her, waiting to hear what she had to say. The school year was over, which meant she would be leaving soon, and she had to tell them.

"I'm leaving." Elaine told them, ripping the band-aid off.

"What?" Melissa frowned.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Scott questioned his sister.

Elaine swallowed. "That night, when we were at the sheriff's station. I almost died." She looked at Scott as if to silently say 'again'. "I couldn't heal myself. And I wasn't very helpful. Rebekah was the one that brought me back to health."

"Rebekah. . . ?"

"My birth mother." Elaine answered, watching as Melissa's eyebrows rose in surprise. "She's also a witch. I was born this way. Not turned like Scott. But, because of what I am and what I could do. . . I need to be in full control. I need to be able to understand everything. And in order to do that, I've requested for Rebekah to teach me, to which she's agreed, but we can't stay in Beacon Hills. I won't be allowed to have contact with anyone, for precautions. This is for both of our safety seeing as every supernatural being alive is constantly hunting a Smith witch down."

"If I hadn't known about this. . . what would you have said?" Melissa questioned.

"Not the truth." Elaine shrugged. "But, I want you both to know that I don't plan on staying gone forever. I'll be back before the new school year starts. I'll be a new and much improved me."

"I like the old you, though." Melissa frowned. Elaine smiled at her mother, nodding her head.

"I know." Elaine tucked a hair behind her ear. "Mom. . . so you knew who I was with, Rebekah wanted to meet you in person." Just as she said that, a knock fell on the door. Elaine walked over and pulled it open, allowing the woman to enter.

"Melissa, is it?" Rebekah asked.

"Yes. Elaine's mother." Melissa answered. Rebekah smiled at this, chuckling.

"I promise your daughter is in safe hand, Ms. McCall. I've been doing this for a long long time. And whenever I'm sure it's safe, I will try everything in my power to send you a letter. So, if a random piece of paper appears in your pocket, don't throw it away." Rebekah told the woman. Melissa nodded her head, not really liking the idea but knowing that she was new to the whole supernatural thing, and she had to trust her daughter knew what she was doing.

"Just. . . be safe, alright?" Melissa requested. Elaine smiled, walking up to her mother and pulling her into a hug.

"Always." Melissa gave her child a kiss on the top of the head before pulling away. "Scott, mind helping me with my bags?"

"I'll be in the car." Rebekah spoke before exiting the house hold while the two siblings walked up the stairs. Scott grabbed two of her bags whilst she grabbed the others, looking at his sister for a moment before they made their way back down the steps. They put the bags into the trunk of Rebekah's car before turning to face each other.

"I need you to do me a favor." Elaine spoke.

"Of course." Scott nodded his head.

"I need you to tell Stiles." Elaine said with a sigh. "After. . . that night happened, I just can't look at him and see disappointment. Or him to try and stop me, because I know I'll stay, and I need to leave."

"Too late." Scott spoke with a sigh. The duo turned their heads just in time to see Stiles' jeep coming to speeding stop, the boy quick to jump out of the car and make his way over. Scott gave his sister a hug. "Love you, El. I'll see you soon."

"Love you too." She watched Scott walk away before she turned her attention towards Stiles. She bit her lip, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at the boy.

"You were just going to leave without telling me?" Stiles asked. He sounded hurt. Angry.

"Stiles. . ."

"After everything we've been through. You were going to up and leave without so much as a goodbye?"

"I didn't think―︎"

"Well, you thought wrong." The boy argued. "You do that every time."

"Do what?"

"Assume!" He told her. "You assume I didn't want to hug my best friend goodbye before she leaves for more than three months. Just like you assumed the worst when you said that you loved me and you walked out before I had the chance to say it back."

"Stiles―︎wait, what?" Elaine cut herself off, frowning.

"What you said that night in my room, you said almost the exact same thing in the hospital when you got hit by Mrs. Argent's car." Stiles told her. "I already knew what you were going to say, and I was going to say it back like I did the first time you said it, but you walked out before I could do so." He could see the disbelief in her eyes, as if she weren't really hearing what he was saying. He let out a scoff of a laugh, shaking his head. "There's nothing that I can say to make you realize that it's always been you. Even when I didn't realize it, it's always been you."

"I―︎"

Stiles sighed. "Elaine, I'm trying to tell you that I love you. So, stop talking, would you?" Elaine looked up at him before she leaned up and carefully pressed her lips against his. She pulled away for a second before meeting his eyes again. And then he was the one to lean in and kiss her. It was a soft sweet kiss, a see you soon kiss. When they pulled away, Elaine swallowed before taking a step back.

"Bye, Stiles." With that, she turned on her heel and entered the car, looking at the boy in the side mirror until his figure fully disappeared from view.

" With that, she turned on her heel and entered the car, looking at the boy in the side mirror until his figure fully disappeared from view