𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:WHERE'S STILES?

WHERE'S STILES?

ELAINE PLACED A HAND ON her brother's shoulder, giving him a kiss on the top of the head before walking away and taking a seat beside Stiles on the bench in the boys locker room, having arrived a few moments ago to make sure he was alright. She needed to talk to him, but she had a feeling she wouldn't get the chance until this whole Kanima situation was done with. Stiles offered the girl a smile as she took a seat beside of him.

"'Good morning! In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. . . and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind―︎that word should have new meaning for all of us today.'" Coach started, making Elaine sigh.

"Here we go again." Elaine muttered.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa's voice filled Elaine's ears, making the girl glance up towards her mother before biting down on her lip and looking at the ground instead. Stiels glanced at Elaine, placing a hand on her shoulder before looking up towards the woman and answering her.

"He does this every year."

"Seriously?" Melissa questioned.

"Yeah. . ." Stiles sighed.

"'We are fighting for our right to live!'" Coach continued.

"Wait, is this. . . ?"

"Yeah. It's the speech from Independence Day." Stiles said, nodding his head. "It's Coach's favorite movie."

"'But, as the day the world declared in one voice―︎We will not go quietly into the night!'"

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa frowned.

"I don't think he cares." Stiles plainly responded.

"'Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!'" Coach finished and immediately the lacrosse team cheered.

That's when the voice of Gerard filled the air, and Elaine tensed, glancing towards her mother and watching as she did the same. She exchanged a look with Stiles before looking back towards the man that she liked to compare the devil with. "Well spoken, Coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And, while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man! Asses on the field!" Coach yelled. The players were quick to scramble out of the room and Elaine was going to follow them, only for Melissa to stop her. Elaine stopped, a sigh falling from her lips as she turned to face her mother.