𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?

"DAD, HEY, IT'S ME." STILES spoke, the phone to his ear before he let out a sigh. "And it's your voicemail. Look, I need you to call me back now. Like, right now. We're at the school. Dad, we're at the school." With that, the boy hung up. That's when the Alpha started to pound violently on the doors, trying to break through, but the chairs and desks were stopping him from doing so. Elaine moved from her spot kneeled in front of Jackson as she made her way over to Lydia, who was freaking out. She grabbed Lydia's arm, pulling her over towards the rest of the group and watching as she took a stand behind Jackson, holding onto her boyfriend's arm. The bolt's started unscrewing from the doors, making Elaine's eyes widen slightly.

"The kitchen. The door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell." Stiles told the group.

"Which only goes up." Both McCall siblings stated.

"Up is better than here." Stiles replied. With that, the group were all quick to run through the door and out of the room. They all ran up two sets of stairs, entering through the double doors and running down the halls until they managed to find an unlocked classroom and quickly entered. Scott was quick to grab a chair, placing it under the door knob in hopes of keeping it from opening. They all stood there in silence, heavily breathing and trying to catch their breaths. They listened as the footsteps of the creature could be heard in the halls, making Lydia place a hand over her mouth in order to silence her heavy panting. They all watched the shadow figure of the alpha pass by, and let out breaths of relief when it didn't try to break into the classroom.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott whispered to the male.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap." Jackson answered him.

"Five?" Allison asked with disbelief. "I barely fit in the back!"

"It doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention." Stiles told the group.

"What about this?" Scott walked over to the other door in the classroom that had a sign on it reading: "Rooftop Access". "This leads to the roof. We can do gown the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt." Elaine pointed out to her brother, making him huff in frustration. He then snapped his gaze up so that he was looking at both his sister and Stiles.

"The janitor has a key."

"You mean his body has it." Stiles corrected, making Elaine slap his arm, narrowing her eyes at the mention of the dead body.

"I can get it. I can find him by scent, by blood." Scott told the two. Elaine looked at him like he was crazy whilst Stiles decided to respond with sarcasm.