𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR:CAN'T TAKE YOUR PAIN

CAN'T TAKE YOUR PAIN

BLACK VEINS AND BLACK EYES was all that you could see on her face as she held her hands up against the wall as she created a cloaking spell that wouldn't allow for her birth mother to find where it was they were at using a locator spell. She glanced over towards the void version of Stiles and nodded her head. And before she knew it, they were standing in a long hallway where Lydia stood, listening to the screams echoing in the pipes.

"Can you hear them?" Stiles asked her, making his way towards her whilst Elaine stayed put and watched the interaction with amusement on her face. "Louder than usual, isn't it? Well, that's because a lot of bad things happened down here." Lydia started running down the hall away from him. "What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying? He is you know. He's dying."

"Then what do you need me for?" Lydia yelled, and Elaine found herself silently walking after them, knowing exactly what was at the end of this hallway. "You think I can tell you something?"

He only laughed, a dark evil laugh. "Oh, I know you can."

"I'm not telling you anything!"

"You won't have to." He appeared behind her, causing her to quickly turn around to face him, her eyes catching those of Elaine's for a brief moment. "You'll be screaming." And she did just that, letting out a scream, a cry, wanting some way to escape. The nogitsune only walked away from her whilst Elaine stood there for a moment.

Lydia looked at her best friend, tears in her eyes. "Why are you doing this? Why are you helping him?"

Her eyes flashed black before she smirked. "Helping him? God, no." She moved forward, her lips against Lydia's ear. "Between you and me. . . I plan to help kill him."

"How does taking me help you do that?" Lydia whispered, angry and frustrated.

Elaine only smiled. "How do you think your other friends are going to get here? He wants chaos, and so do I. But. . . I want my own reign of chaos. So while he's having his fun, I'm laying out all the puzzle pieces to start my own. It's like a game of chess, except he's the one whose about to be one move away from check mate."

Lydia shook her head. "Elaine, this isn't you."

"Isn't it?" She cocked her head slightly. "Poor Lydia, blinded by her own selfish things. You see, everyone was distracted with the alpha pack, Jennifer, the nogitsune, so much so that not a single one of Elaine's friends, or Elaine's family, noticed she was falling deeper and deeper into her own darkness." She sighed. "Which is where I have to give props to the nogitsune, because he killed her."

"What?"

Elaine smiled in amusement. "You didn't know? Elaine was killed again, her neck snapped, and when she came back, I was born. And she succumbed, and I took over. She's still in here." She tapped a finger to her temple. "But there's no way of her coming back." With one last wicked smirk, her eyes turned black, and she disappeared right in front of Lydia's eyes.