𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN:DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

UNLIKE STILES, ALLISON, AND SCOTT, her adventure in the woods wasn't connected like theirs were. Instead, her adventure was when they were all in the woods together, when they were fighting Peter. Elaine stood behind the tree, watching as her younger self ignored Argent's orders and got out of the car, running towards her brother that was laying on the ground. The old memory played out how she remembered it, but that wasn't what drew Elaine in.

Instead, she turned away from the memory and found herself walking deeper into the woods. She heard footsteps, and she found herself walking closer to them until she saw her mother standing there, her birth mother. Rebekah stood there as if she were listening, before looking up at the sound of a scream and deciding she should make her way towards the commotion.

"She was there. . ." Elaine whispered to herself. She backed away from the tree she had been hiding behind before practically tripping over herself and landing to the ground, causing her to sit up and find what it was she had tripped over. However, what she wasn't expecting to find was the nemeton sitting right there. And before she knew it she was back and Stiles was gasping for air as he came up from the water, but Elaine found herself sitting up from the floor like she had passed out.

"What the hell happened?" Elaine questioned, looking up towards Deaton, Lydia, and Issac with confused eyebrows. She stood up and made her way towards the four, turning just as the trio came up from the water.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott was quick to shoot up, jumping out from the water and out of the tub, the other two doing the same thing.

"We passed it, there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still very big, though, very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body."

"Yeah, the same night that you were bit by Peter." Stiles continued.

"I was there too, in the car with my mom." Allison quickly told them. "We almost hit someone."

"It was me." Scott said in realization. "You almost hit me." He was quick to turn towards Deaton. "We can find it." But the group were all staring at them in shock, except for Elaine who was too busy trying to figure out why she woke up on the floor.

"What?" Allison frowned.

"You guys were out a long time." Isaac was the one to break the silence.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asked, glancing towards Elaine only to frown when he noticed the look on her face.

"16 hours." Deaton answered.

"We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott asked in surprise.

"And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton nodded.