𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR:A DEAD BODY

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR:
A DEAD BODY

THEY STOOD IN DEREK'S LOFT, Stiles placing down a map of the bank on the table in front of them.

"Okay, you see this?" Stiles asked, pointing to a part of the map. "This is how they got in―︎ it's a rooftop air conditioning vent, leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay?" He pointed to everything as he spoke, showing it to the three supernatural creatures. "One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then, throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom!"

"Can we fit in there?" Scott questioned.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. Besides Elaine, she could easily squeeze through. And, they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond-bit. . ."

"Forget the drill." Derek cut him off.

"Sorry?" Stiles raised an eyebrow at the man.

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?" Derek questioned.

"What do you. . . What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" Stiles asked.

"Yes, Stiles. I'm gonna punch through the wall." Derek blankly answered him.

"Okay. Okay, big guy, let's see it! Let's see that fist. Big old fist. Make it, come on! Get it out there! Don't be scared, big bad wolf!" Derek held up his fist. "Yeah, look at that! Okay, see this?" Stiles held up his hand. "That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co―︎" The boy was cut off by Derek punching his hand, sending him toppling over, leaning over the table with a groan of pain before walking away as he cried out.

"I'll get through the wall." Derek assured. "Who's following me?"

"Don't look at me!" Peter spoke up, making Elaine jump before she cursed, having forgotten he was sitting on the steps. "I'm not up to fighting speed, yet. And honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"So, I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek asked.

"One of them already is dead." Peter answered with a shrug.

"We don't know that!" Derek snarled.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of Alphas, all of them killers. And, if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha." Peter reminded the man. "I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."