𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE:HERE FOR CORA

HERE FOR CORA

THE THREE WERE HIDDEN IN Derek's loft. They had been quick to tell Derek everything that had happened, knowing that Derek and Jennifer had something going on between them. The trio watched as Jennifer ran into the loft. Elaine held herself close to her brother and Stiles, the thunderstorm outside getting worse and worse by the second.

     "Derek? Derek where are you?" Jennifer called.

     "Right here." Jennifer quickly turned to face him.

     "Thank God!" She breathed, pulling him into a hug. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

     "From who?" The man frowned.

     "Scott, Elaine, Stiles. . ." She answered. "They're gonna tell you things―︎things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

     "What is it?"

     "Promise you'll listen to me." She asked. Derek nodded his head.

     "Promise."

     She gave the man a kiss before she pulled away and paused for a minute before closing her eyes. "They're already here, aren't they?" The three teenagers stepped out, revealing themselves. The woman glanced towards them before looking back towards Derek. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

     "We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected her.

     "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour―︎that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense."

     "Where's my dad." Stiles asked, tears filling the boys eyes.

     "How should I know?" Jennifer questioned. She then looked towards Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this?"

     "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek simply asked.

     "No!" The woman exclaimed.

     "Ask her why the hell she almost killed my best friend, Lydia Martin." Elaine growled, her eyes glowing, but Stiles squeezed her hand. She had promised him she wouldn't do anything too irrational unless she had to.

     "Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!" Jennifer looked at Elaine, feigning disbelief.

     "What do you know?" Derek snapped.

     "I know that these three, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story―︎And one they can't prove, by the way."