𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:YOU WERE A MISTAKE

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
YOU WERE A MISTAKE

"I'M SORRY, BUT I HAVE to go. . ." Elaine said, pointing towards the door and quickly turning the knob and pushing the door open. The woman walked up to her, grabbing onto her wrist, making Elaine look back towards her, fear in her eyes. The woman slowly let go of her wrist.

"Sorry." The woman responded. "Please, we need to talk."

"Lady, I don't even know who you are!" Elaine snapped. "Get the hell away from my house."

"You shouldn't talk to the woman who gave birth to you like that." Elaine seemed to freeze. Her jaw and fist clenched as she turned towards the woman.

"Why not? The woman that gave birth to me abandoned me, and wanted absolutely nothing to do with me." Elaine muttered.

"That's because you were a mistake. You weren't supposed to happen." The woman answered. Elaine's mouth fell agape at her words, making the woman realize what she had just said. "Elaine, I didn't mean―︎"

"Stay the hell away from me." Elaine snapped. "And if I see you near me or my house again, I'm calling the cops." With that, Elaine quickly shoved herself inside, slamming her front door and locking it. She ran up the steps, entering the room and closing the door. She leaned against it, tears glossing over her eyes as a hand fell over her mouth. Tears fell down her eyes, making her let out soft sobs. She didn't even know why she was crying, she shouldn't care what the woman had to say, but when the words fell from her mouth that Elaine was a mistake, she couldn't help but believe them.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

The next day passed by so quickly, that when the bell rang, she had been the last one sitting in there until her teacher grabbed her attention. She had quickly left the school building, deciding she would walk home. She knew that Stiles was going to go see Lydia who hadn't appeared at school all day, and she knew that she probably should've done the same, but she would wait for a few more hours so as to give her friend a few hours to rest. She walked to her house, stopping when she saw the same woman from the night prior sitting on the steps.

"You here to call me a mistake again?" Elaine hissed. The woman stood up, moving as Elaine moved past her, grabbing her house keys and placing the key in the lock.

"Elaine-"

"I thought I told you that if I saw you again, I would call the cops?" Elaine asked, turning the key and then pushing the door open. The woman opened her mouth to speak again, but Elaine quickly spoke first. "One of my best friend's dad is the sheriff, actually. And I have him on speed dial. So, I'll say it again. Get the hell away from my house, or I'll get your ass arrested." With that, Elaine gave the woman a sarcastic smile and shut the door in her face. Elaine put her keys back in her backpack, making her way up the steps and into her room. She put her bag on her bed, pulling out her phone and calling Stiles.