𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:SCREAM THAT LOUD

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
SCREAM THAT LOUD

THE TWO HAD ARRIVED AT the hospital, and just as Elaine was about to get out, Stiles grabbed her attention by clearing his throat. The girl frowned as she turned her head to look at him, cocking her head in slight confusion as to why he wasn't getting out.

"Stiles? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He shook his head.

"Come on, I've known you since we were like four. You can't lie to me." She told him. She turned in her seat to look at him. "Now, tell me, what's wrong?"

His brown eyes met her blue ones, and he sat there for a moment before answering her. "I just. . . I watched you die, Laney. And. . . I don't know, I've never felt so panicked before in my entire life."

"Stiles. . ." The girl trailed off before reaching over and grabbing his hand, giving it a small squeeze as she offered him a small smile. "I can't even imagine how terrifying it was for you and Scott to see me just lying there. But, if I had to die in order to save my brother, then I would do it all over again." She looked at the boy before saying, "I would've done the same if it were you, Stiles. You both mean the entire world to me, and if there was anything I could do in order to save your lives, I would do it."

"Even if it meant getting killed in the end?" He asked. "You're so selfless, and it makes me so angry sometimes."

"It my greatest strength, and my greatest flaw." The girl admitted. She could see the worry that still swirled within his eyes and she placed a hand on his cheek, shaking her head slightly. "Don't waste your time worrying about me, alright? I'm perfectly fine. And I'm alive and well. The person we should both be worrying about for the time being is Lydia." She offered him one last smile before she got out of the vehicle. Stiles sat there for a moment, frowning to himself. She wasn't fine, but she didn't know that, only he and Scott did. With a sigh, the boy was quick to climb out of his vehicle, chasing after the witch that had just walked through the hospital doors.

The two had sat there all night, neither remembering when exactly it was that they had fallen asleep. Melissa had noticed her child the night prior, the two having exchanged quick words before she had watched her daughter and Stiles make their way to Lydia's room, sitting just outside of it. The woman couldn't help the smile that had fallen on her face upon seeing the two sleeping there without a care in the world. Elaine's head was on Stiles' shoulder, the boy's arm wrapped around her shoulder almost protectively with his head leaning against the wall.

Stiles had startled himself awake just as one of the nurses had changed the trash bag that had been right beside of his seat. He looked around before noticing the sleeping girl that had hummed in her sleep before nuzzling her head on his shoulder as if to make herself more comfortable. The corners of his lips pulled up into a smile as he looked down at her, and he couldn't but take note of how beautiful and peaceful she looked whilst she was asleep. He didn't want to move, not having the heart to wake her, so he stayed in the position, knowing she hadn't been getting as much sleep as she said she had been getting ever since her brother had been turned into a supernatural creature.