𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX:PHOSPHORS

PHOSPHORS

SHE HAD BANDAGE WRAPPED AROUND her torso after being forced to go to the hospital by her brother, even though she could heal herself. But when she remembered the black veins, she had been quick to tell them she would wrap up her stomach and take pain medication. Now, they all―︎Scott, Elaine, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira―︎sat in the sheriff's office where Elaine and Scott's dad stood interrogating them with Noah sitting in his chair and watching.

     "So when did you get there?" Rafael asked.

     "At the same time." Stiles was the one to answer. Elaine held her boyfriend's hand, interlacing their fingers as she stared blankly at the ground.

     "At the same time as who?"

     "At the same time as us." Scott answered, nodding towards Elaine who barely glanced up at the mention of her name.

     "By coincidence?"

     Stiles frowned. "What do you mean coincidence?"

     "That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

     "Are you asking me?" Scott frowned.

     "I think he's asking me." Stiles shook his head. Elaine couldn't help the amused smirk that made it's way onto her face.

     "I think he's asking both of you." Lydia piped up.

     "Okay, let me answer the questions." Rafael said.

     "Only if we get to ask them." Elaine finally said, her smirk growing wider as she looked at her father.

     "Let me ask the questions." Rafael corrected himself. Stiles pointed at him and winked whilst Elaine had to keep herself from laughing. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

     Stiles nodded his head. "Sounds about right."

     "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

     "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

     "That's one hell of a deduction, Stiles." Rafael told him.

     Stiles smiled. "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He smiled at his father who laughed, causing Rafael to look at him making Noah quickly cover it up with a cough.

     "Stiles, just, uh. . . just answer the man." Noah quickly covered up.

     "We made a good guess." Stiles shrugged.