𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:THE BEAST OF GEVAUDAN

CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE BEAST OF GEVAUDAN

"EL, I'M SO SORRY." SCOTT apologized once again. Elaine sat on the bathroom counter, a sports bra on as she looked over the purple and black bruises that lined her side. Elaine glanced at her brother through the mirror, shrugging her shoulders and wincing when the skin stretched.

"It's fine, Scott. I'm fine."

"But I wasn't there to save you from being hit. What's the point of being what I am, if I can't save my family before they get hurt. Stiles is mad at me because I wasn't there to save his dad." Scott frowned.

"Yeah, but I was there. And if you apologize one more time, I'll give you a reason to be sorry." Elaine spoke, giving him a sarcastic smile before grabbing her tank top and throwing it over her head so that it would hide bruises. "I'll get something from the hospital tomorrow to help it heal better. Now, go to sleep." She shoved her brother out of her room, closing the door in his face before he could say anything else.

Elaine sat on her bed, softly sighing before cutting on her night light so that there was some form of light in the room, and laying under the covers. She closed her eyes and started falling asleep, completely oblivious to the woman who stood in the darkest corner of her room, silently watching her before disappearing.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

When Elaine walked out of her first class, she had ended up passing by Scott and Stiles' classroom just as they walked out. She offered them both a small smile, falling in step beside of them.

"Wh―︎? He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles questioned, making Elaine frown before realizing the only person they could possibly be talking about was Derek.

"Yeah. . ." Scott nodded.

"All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me." Stiles spoke, making a shudder crawl down Elaine's back as she remembered her first encounter with a yellow-eyed Scott.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it." Scott explained.

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Stiles quizzed.

"I don't know. I don't think he does, either."

"So, let me get this straight, you have a 'mentor' that has absolutely no idea what the hell he's doing?" Elaine quizzed, cocking an eyebrow at her brother who thought about it before sighing in response.

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"He told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day." Scott told them.