𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:A KANIMA

A KANIMA

     "CAN'T YOU DO A LOCATION spell for this thing?" Stiles groaned as the duo continued to search around in Gerard's office, the book no where to be seen.

     "Locator spell." Elaine corrected. "No, I can't. That's just for people. Well, at least I think. Anyways, the point is, no."

     "What's the point of being a witch if it isn't helpful." Stiles retorted, making Elaine narrow her eyes at him as he quickly texted Allison, telling her the book wasn't there.

     "Hello, Stiles, Elaine." The voice of Erica filled their ears, making them turn their heads towards her. Before they knew it the girl was dragging them both down the hallways and towards the pools, where Derek was at, a basketball in his hands.

     "You're lucky I didn't blast your little guard dog into the lacrosse field." Elaine growled, snatching her arm from Erica's grasp and glaring at her, Erica sent a growl in response, though stopping upon receiving a look from Derek.

     "Stiles, Elaine." Derek greeted the duo.

     "Derek." They both muttered.

     "What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" Derek asked, his attention focused on Stiles whilst Elaine stood there with her arms crossed over her chest.

     "Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting." With his claws, Derek quickly made the basketball lose all of its air making the Stilinski boy say, "Holy God."

     "Let's try that again." Derek spoke. Elaine and Stiles stared at one another, sharing a silent conversation before Stiles sighed and turned his head back towards Derek.

     "All right, the thing was pretty slick looking. Um, skin was dark, kind of patterned. Uh, I think I actually saw scales. Is that enough?" Stiles asked, glancing between the two before Derek simply looked at him making the boy groan in frustration. "All right, fine. Eyes. . . Eyes are, um, yellowish, and slitted. Um, has a lot of teeth. . . Oh, and it's got a tail, too!"

     "A tail? You didn't tell me it had a tail." Elaine spoke, furrowing her eyebrows.

     "Are we good?" Stiles asked, however neither wolf answered, panicked looks covering both of their faces as they looked upwards. "What? Wait, have you seen it? You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I am talking about." That's when a hiss could be heard, making the two teenagers follow the sound, only to see the creature that Stiles had been talking about on the railing right above them. The blood drained from Elaine's face as her eyes widened slightly. The creature let out cry before jumping down, making Stiles and Elaine quickly move towards the two wolves.

     It went for Erica first, quickly swiping at her feet and sending her flying into the walk, knocking her out. Derek let out a growl before turning towards the two, pushing them back before yelling, "Run!" The creature was quick to slide his claws across the back of Derek's neck, making the wolf quickly turn around, standing up.