𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:SECRETS SAFE WITH ME

SECRETS SAFE WITH ME

"YOU REALLY DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING?" Allison asked as she, Lydia, and Elaine all walked towards the school.

"They called it a 'fugue state,' which is basically a way of saying, 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.'" Lydia answered her before shrugging. "But, personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

"Always the optimist, Lyds." Elaine spoke.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison carefully asked the strawberry blonde.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." Lydia answered, giving Allison a sarcastic smile. The three entered and immediately everyone stopped and stared. Lydia stood there, frozen. Not knowing what to really do.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds?" Elaine suggested. After a moment, Lydia flipped her hair from her shoulder and strutted up the stairs with her usual ounce of confidence. Allison and Elaine exchanged looks with one another before quickly following after her. The day went by, Lydia seemed to be doing fine, and now Allison and Elaine were sitting together for their free period.

"So. . . let me get this straight." Allison spoke, looking at the girl who had just explained how exactly it was that she was alive. "Your real mother is from a very famous blood line of witches. And she brought you back to life with witchcraft, which activated your 'true potential' in being a witch?"

"Yes."

"I thought you hated your real mom?" Allison frowned.

"I do." Elaine shrugged. "But, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here, and there could've been the possibility of me not being able to find Lydia. But, you can't tell a single family member. According to our mother, literally everyone hates our bloodline. If they know I or my mom are alive, they'll come after us, and they won't stop until we're dead."

"Your secrets safe with me." Allison assured with a smile. The bell rang and the two girls said their goodbyes before going to their classes. Elaine took a seat right in front of Stiles and Scott, her chair moved away from her table as she was quick to be filled in on the fact that Isaac was Derek's new beta.

"Why would Derek choose Isaac?" Elaine asked with a frown.

"Peter told El and I that if the bite doesn't turn you, it could kill you. And maybe teenagers have a better chance at surviving?" Stiles suggested.

"Doesn't being a teenager mean your dad can't hold him?" Scott quizzed.

"Well, not unless they have solid evidence. . . or a witness. . ." Stiles paused. "Wait―︎Danny, where's Jackson?"

Danny, who was sitting at the same table as Elaine, turned his head to look at them. "In the principal's office, talking to your dad."

"Wait, why?" Stiles quizzed.