𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:IT'S MATT, RIGHT?

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:
IT'S MATT, RIGHT?

    "SO, THIS KIDS THE REAL killer?" Noah Stilinski questioned. The three teenagers were standing in Stiles' room with Stiles' dad standing in front of them, trying to explain to the man that it was Matt that was the killer. They had a yearbook open with Matt's face circled in red.

     "Yes." Stiles nodded.

     "No."

     "Yes!"

     "No." Noah argued.

     Stiles sighed in annoyance. "Dad, come on! Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

     "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class." Noah pointed out.

     "All right. Okay, you're right. Sorry. Then, I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles questioned with raised eyebrows.

     "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But, that doesn't prove anything." Noah shook his head, his arms crossed over his chest. Stiles opened his mouth, but his father was quick to cut him off, looking at the two McCall siblings. "Scott, Elaine, do you believe this?"

     "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."  Elaine told the man, Scott nodding his head in agreement.

     "Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explained.

     The man sighed. "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

     "Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years!" Stiles exclaimed, earning a look from his father. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

     "What do you want me to do?" Noah asked.

     "We need to look at the evidence." Scott told him.

     "Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

     "Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles assured him.

     "Trust you?" Noah asked, raising his eyebrows.

     "Trust. . . Trust Elaine?"

     "Now Elaine, Elaine I trust." Noah nodded before the group were quick to leave the home and make it to the Sheriff's station. They arrived at the Deputy at the front desk looked at Noah in question.