𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:THREE'S A PATTERN

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:
THREE'S A PATTERN

ELAINE WOKE UP THE NEXT morning, a groan falling from her lips as she forced herself up from the bed. She got into the shower, scrubbing her body before taking notice of the tattoo that was now permanently inked on her skin. A gentle smile fell on her lips, loving the way it had turned out. She got out, got dressed, and got ready for the first day back to school. She grabbed her bag before walking out, offering Scott a small smile as she watched him climb onto his bike as she got into her car, both siblings taking off towards the school and arriving almost at the same time.

Elaine, Scott, and Stiles all walked the halls together, Scott explained to the two how he wanted help from Derek in order to keep his tattoo on his arm. And of course, Stiles had something to say about it.

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why? Why?"

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back, so, there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott told them.

"Okay, yeah, but still―︎doesn't he have his hands a little full right now?" Stiles asked, pointing to the missing posters of Erica and Boyd.

"Derek always makes time for us." Elaine told Stiles, shrugging her shoulders, though she frowned slightly at the thought of the two wolves that were still MIA.

"Not helping." Stiles mumbled. That's when the three stopped, hearing a voice that made them peek their heads around the corner.

"Look, these are the applications for the career adviser. I need them sorted. And, whatever happened to the library while I was gone? I want it cleared up! And what the hell is this?" The principal held up a sword, making the three widen their eyes.

"Go, go, go." Stiles quickly rushed, making the three quickly run away. They all walked into their English class with Elaine sitting beside of Stiles and Lydia sitting behind her. The two females watched as Allison looked around for a seat before realizing the only spot that was open was right in front of Scott. Elaine gave the girl a reassuring smile before watching the girl sit down.

"I'm mad at you." Lydia whispered.

"Why?" Elaine frowned.

"Because you didn't tell me you were back!" Lydia hissed. "I'm your best friend, I could've had something planned for us to do."

"I already apologized ten times for that." Elaine whined. "And I told you I would make up for it." That's when their attention all turned towards their phones vibrating, almost every student in the classroom furrowing there eyebrows at the text they had received.

"'The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth, flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.'" A woman with long dark hair and a kind smile entered the classroom, leaning against the desk as she glanced at all of her students. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." The students all did as they were told, turning off their phones, paying attention to the new English that stood in front of them, writing down the notes the teacher was writing on the board.