𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO:PLAYING BY THE RULES

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO:
PLAYING BY THE RULES

SHE WAS TRAPPED IN HER own body. She could see everything around her, but it wasn't her that was speaking, or moving. This darker part of her that now had full control was doing everything. Becoming her. She had went out and got herself a mirror, and now stood in front of it where Elaine was now the reflection and the darker side of her was looking in the mirror.

"What are you going to do?" Elaine whispered.

"Nothing damaging." She shrugged. "Just a little fun."

"By fun you mean. . ."

"Might hurt a few here and there." She smirked before shaking her head. "But no killing for me. Because then that would activate a side of you that we don't want."

"What are you talking about?"

She laughed. "You don't even know your full heritage." Elaine furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You were so focused on learning to control your powers, that when you were with Rebekah, you didn't even think to ask anything about your family." She smirked. "Scott and Stiles know. In fact, they knew that I was going to happen. Rebekah warned them of your fate. But with your boyfriend possessed by the nogitsune. . . I guess no one has really been focused on you, now have they?"

"You're lying."

"Maybe I am." The darker version smiled. "But you won't ever know until you ask. Which won't be happening anytime soon."

Elaine narrowed her eyes for a moment. "The nogitsune killed me to get to you. Why?"

"What do you think, Elaine? I'm a powerful being that has the ability to snap a group of people's necks with a simple word. He wants me on his side because he knows I can be useful. I can be a distraction." She smoothed out her clothes―︎an outfit Elaine herself would never wear. "And boy, you have no idea how much I enjoy having people's attention."

That when she got a text message. She pulled out her phone to see the text from Allison that claimed Stiles was at Derek's loft. She smirked, tucking the phone in her back pocket as she looked towards Elaine. "Show time."

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

By the time she had made it to Derek's loft, night had fallen. She had appeared just as the oni had and she shook her head. "My god, I'm gone for five seconds and you people fall apart?" Allison, Noah, Argent, and Derek all turned towards the girl before turning back towards the oni. Her eyes met those of Stiles', and she smirked slightly before letting it fall.

Argent and Noah tried shooting at the oni, Derek used his claws whilst Allison used her knife. Elaine would throw out an occasional spell here and there, just to add affect before she looked toward Stiles grabbed his wrist and made them disappear at the same time that the oni did. Scott and Kira arrived at the loft, Argent and Noah pointing their guns at them only to lower their weapons when they saw who it was.