𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:BECAUSE I LOVE HER

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
BECAUSE I LOVE HER

ELAINE MADE IT BACK TO the school just in time for Coaches class. She was one of the last one in, quickly taking a seat in front of Stiles and moving her hair from her face as she handed the boy his keys, giving him a thankful smile. She hadn't gotten what she had been looking for, but instead she discovered something she wished she hadn't. She focused on her hands that were placed on her desk, her mind continuously replaying the Latin word she had spoken in order to shut the woman up.

"Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading." Coach spoke up. "Greenberg, put your hand down. Everyone knows you did the reading. How about, uh. . . McCall!" The two quickly looked up towards the man, both of them asking 'what?' in unison.

"Not you." Coach spoke, waving the girl off before looking towards Scott.

"What?" Scott quizzed.

"The reading?" The man asked.

"Lat nights reading. . .?"

"How about, uh, the reading of The Gettysburg Address?" Coach sarcastically answered.

"What?" Scott asked, utterly confused.

"That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term 'sarcasm,' McCall?" Coach asked the boy.

"Very." He spoke, glancing towards Stiles who wore a proud smile on his face.

"Did you do the reading, or not?"

"Uh, I think I forgot. . ." Scott mumbled, making Elaine let out a soft sigh.

"Nice work, McCall! It's not like you're not averaging a D in this class." Coach started. Though, it didn't stop there. "Come on, buddy―︎you know I can't keep you on the team if you have a D. How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading? No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read in your entire life?" Scott stuttered, Elaine glancing towards Stiles when she heard the heart monitor started to beep way too fast for Elaine's liking. She glanced towards Stiles who shared a look with her before they turned back towards Coach who only continued. "No? How about the adults-only warning from your favorite website you visit every night? Anything? Thank you, McCall. Thank you. Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice, you can start with suicide runs, unless that's too much reading." The heart monitor started to slow down, making them both glance towards the boy, only to notice his hand interlaced with Allison's.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

"It's her." Stiles spoke as the three left the classroom.