𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE:IT'S NOT HER

IT'S NOT HER

"I JUST TALKED TO MY dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles entered the classroom the next day, taking a seat behind of Scott who was sitting beside of Elaine. The two glanced towards him before turning back to the front where Isaac was sitting.

"I think I already know." Scott shushed him, pointing towards Isaac. When the bell rang, the three were quick to walk out of the classroom.

"All right. I only found one thing online called a Kanima―︎it's a Werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles told the duo.

"A. . . a werejaguar. . . ?" Elaine cocked her head slightly, frowning.

"That thing was not a jaguar." Scott denied, shaking his head.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles pointed.

"Neither am I, I think. I was murdered by a murderer, but. . ." Elaine spoke, making the two boys look at her. She just shrugged in response.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott pointed out.

"I didn't see anyone die and it still tried to kill me." Elaine frowned.

Stiles looked between the two before saying, "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship.'"

"I've been questioning it since we were four." Elaine spoke with a sarcastic smile. She gave both of them a pat on the shoulder before pushing them both into their next class. Scott and Stiles sat beside one another whilst Elaine sat behind Stiles, opening her book with pursed lips. Jackson sat down in the empty seat beside her before glancing towards Scott and Stiles.

"Hey, Testicle Left and Right―︎what the hell is a Kanima?" The three all tensed up before quickly snapping their attention towards Jackson, sharing looks with one another. However, before they could say anything, Coach started speaking.

"All right, listen up! A quick warning before we begin our review―︎some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult―︎I'm not even too sure I could pass it!" He then looked around the clas before saying, "Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" A classmate raised their hand before going up to the board. The three quickly turned back towards Jackson.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles nodded.