𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE:SMELLS LIKE CHEMICALS

SMELLS LIKE CHEMICALS

     WHEN AN ANGERED YELL FELL from Coaches lips, Elaine couldn't help but chuckle, watching as the man angry walked out of his office. Elaine, Scott, and Stiles all exchanged looks with one another before turning their head and watching as Coach entered the room. He pointed at the children. "Mischief night, Devil's night. I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil." This earned laughs from the class. "You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle." He slapped a hand on Scott's desk. "Mine's a frickin' omelet."

     Coach then turned towards his desk where a present lay. He picked it up. "Oh, this? We're gonna do this again?" He dropped the present to the ground. "I don't think so." Then he stomped on it, and the sound of glass breaking could be heard. Coach looked at them for a moment before kneeling down to reveal it had been a mug that said '#1 Coach' on it. He sighed when there was a card. He read it out loud. "Happy Birthday. Love, Greenberg."

The day continued on and Elaine's head was pounding. She grimaced, losing her balance and catching herself against the lockers. Her mind was screaming at her and she found herself making her way to the bathroom, stumbling inside as she looked at herself in the mirror before watching the black veins run across her face. She blinked, trying to make them disappear, but they wouldn't leave. She continued to groan, her hands clenched around the sink. Her eyes started glowing purple as she felt her control slip from her grasp. The lights started going on and off and it felt like the whole building was shaking before she allowed a pained scream to leave her lips, cracking the mirrors and causing the lights to go out.

She continued to stand there, the only light being her glowing eyes before the purple suddenly turned pitch black. And then, everything went back. She gasped, looking around in panic, before looking back towards the mirrors that were still cracked. Her phone started ringing, causing her to swallow thickly before going to grab it, only to stop when she saw how violently her hands were shaking. There was one thing Elaine had yet to realize. That night when Scott, Stiles, and Allison had went under the water, she had connected herself to Stiles the same way she had connected herself to Scott that one time. And as whatever happened to Stiles got worse, it happened to Elaine as well. She was infecting herself with darkness without knowing it, and she was on the cliff of losing control.

Time slipped as she stayed in that bathroom, and she didn't realize that all of her friends were looking everywhere for her. But she found herself unable to move. She wanted to scream, and she felt like she was going to shut down at any given moment. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths before a frown suddenly fell on her face. She looked at the cracked mirror before finding herself grabbing onto her shirt, lifting it up just a little to reveal black veins that were starting to crawl up from her hips. She ran a hand over the veins, wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her. That's when the bathroom door flew open, causing her to quickly drop her shirt and turn her head to look at Lydia.