𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE:THE TRUTH

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE:
THE TRUTH

"ONE-HUNDRED AND NINETY-EIGHT?" Allison questioned the two has she dried her hair.

"Yes, and we're talking forty years. On average, that's four-point-nine-five a year, which is actually expected." Lydia told her.

"But who commemorates that with a framed number? Who does that? Who?" Elaine scoffed, her arms crossed over her chest.

"All suicides?" Allison frowned.

"Yes―︎hanging, throat-cutting, pill-popping, both-barrels-of-a-shotgun-in-the-mouth suicides."

"Wow." Elaine breathed, looking at Lydia with wide eyes. "That's violent."

Lydia suddenly frowned. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Allison exchanged a look with Elaine who just shrugged her shoulders. Lydia didn't answer. The girl walked towards the air vent, her head cocked slightly as she got up onto the bed, standing right in front of it with tears in her eyes, scared breath's falling from her lips, immediately alarming the two girls.

"Lydia?" Elaine quickly asked. Suddenly, a gasp fell from the girl's lips as she slapped a hand over her mouth backing away from the vent. The strawberry blonde quickly turned to look at the two. "Lyds, what is it? What happened?"

"Didn't you hear that?" She asked, her voice choked with tears.

"Hear what?" Allison asked, wide-eyed.

"The two people in the other room―︎they shot each other!"

"Lydia―︎" Elaine started only for Lydia to run out of the room, making both Allison and Elaine quickly follow her. "Lydia! What are you doing?!" Lydia knocked on the door, asking to see if anyone was inside.

"Hello?" Lydia called, but there was no answer. She quickly entered the room, only to find it empty, full of nothing but construction. "It had to be right here. It was a guy and a girl, and, I mean, they sounded younger, but. . .they were here.

"Hey, hey, hey." Elaine quickly shushed, placing her hands on both of Lydia's shoulders and getting the girl to look at her. "We believe you. After everything the three of us have been through together, we believe you." Lydia turned around with a sigh, examining the room for a moment before noticing something on the wall, she carefully walked up to it, before noticing that the lines in the wood, looked like that of faces.

The three went back to their room and Lydia immediately started putting her stuff together. "You know, there is something seriously wrong with this place. Hey, guys? We need to leave."

"But they were suicides, not murders, and it's not like this place is haunted, right?" Allison tried, glancing towards Elaine who was too busy looking out the window. Her eyes narrowed in on a figure that was standing in the road, looking at her. She frowned, cocking her head slightly.