𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT:SAY IT BACK

SAY IT BACK

ALLISON AND LYDIA WERE QUICK to help Scott into the bathroom, with Stiles helping Elaine. The girl was growing paler by the second, and she was starting to slowly lose consciousness. They sat Scott between the two sinks with Elaine sitting across from him against the wall. Allison carefully rose his shirt up to reveal the deep wound with black blood surrounding it. Stiles did the same thing with Elaine, and dark veins were surrounding it.

"Oh my god." Stiles breathed.

"They're the exact same." Lydia noted, glancing between the two siblings. "How's that possible?"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Allison softly questioned Scott.

"Sorry." Scott mumbled.

"Okay, just give us a second, okay?" Allison stood up, stopping for a moment to glance towards Elaine before walking towards the corner of the bathroom with Lydia and Stiles. "This shouldn't be happening―︎I've seen him heal from worse than this."

"And Elaine has literally escaped death on multiple occasions." Lydia pointed out.

"Okay, what do we do, then? Do we just call an ambulance?" Getting anxious by the second as he glanced between his girlfriend and best friend.

"What if it's too late? What if they can't help?"

"We have to do something!" Stiles hissed. "I can't lose her again, alright? I already went through that once, I'm not doing it again."

"You know, it could be psychological. . ." Lydia told them.

"What do you mean? Like, psychosomatic?"  

"Somatoformic." Lydia corrected making Stiles open his mouth, trying to pronounce only for Lydia to quickly explain what it was instead. "A physical illness from a psychogenic cause?" They both gave her a blank look. "Yes, it's all his head."

"All in his head?" Stiles muttered before realizing something, quickly catching on. "Because of Derek. He's not letting himself heal 'cause Derek died."

"And what about Elaine?" Allison asked.

"Don't. . . don't worry about me." Elaine spoke up, shaking her head as she carefully turned to look at them. Her voice was weak, and it sounded so far away. Her eyes were desperately trying to close, but she was trying to stay awake. "When Scott's fine. . . I'll be fine. That's how a linking spell works."

"A link―︎" Allison was quick to cut Stiles off.

"Alright, so, what do we do." 

Lydia pursed her lips for a moment, before answering, "Stitch him up." They both gave her weird looks as she pulled out a kit. "I'm serious! Maybe all he needs to do is just believe it's healing." As Elaine requested, they focused on Scott. They had pulled his shirt off that was now covered with his blood.