[ 7 ]

Friday came along like yesterday didn't matter, because it was a new day.

Where even the slightest things we learned yesterday, were put in effect now. Like take for example, the Hufflepuff boy that Liana punch a day before learned to never insult the Slytherin house.

Or maybe not around the Slytherins.

Classes had vaguely started, and corridors became busy and quiet during class hours. Students come and go to their classes, some drops off for a minute at the Great Hall for a snack, and some others were clearing their head from the overall knowledge that they've just gained.

Mostly, or presumably, seventh years who were undergoing the stress of NEWTs that they can hardly even think of eating.

Many spent their time in the library, their common room, dorms or even in the court yard to study till their heads give up.

As the Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff Quidditch match were soon approaching within a week. Oliver was in an indecisive state on where he would partake his focus first.

Whether he would mind his studies or his quidditch practice.

He was seated on the library across Kaylen, who gave him a book to read down for his Transfiguration. He was playing his fingers on the pages of the book, and occasionally biting off his nails anxiously while watching the clock tick inside the silent library.

He had told his team to practice for the match, and in case he wouldn't be there on time or won't be there completely because he has an extra lesson with his tutor, he ordered them to start straight away.

But he was impatiently waiting for the session to end so he can still catch up with the practice.

He wanted to go already, but he would absolutely feel bad on leaving his tutor behind like last time.

He didn't even read, he just kept tapping his feet endlessly, anticipated at the thought of quidditch practice.

He's the captain for goodness sake! He should be there!

And merlin knows how much he wanted to sprint out of the library and on to the quidditch pitch. He really want to, but the girl in front of him was the one holding him back.

His impatience were quickly picked up by Kaylen as she notice the loud thuds of his feet on the floor, and his eyes that were flickering anxiously at the book and the library clock.

Kaylen was well aware of the Gryffindor's quidditch practice, and she personally think that Snape scheduled their Friday lesson on the exact time the lions would have their practice purposely. And that would really tie Oliver in a knot.

Snape knows that the match was soon to be commencing in a week, and even though it's not between Slytherin, he still secured that Gryffindor won't win the Quidditch House Cup this year, and that's this to hinder them.

She must say that Snape should have been awarded for thinking those through.

She was somehow shock though, that the boy didn't rush out and ditch their lesson yet, minding his obsession for quidditch.

She knew how much passion he gripped unto for the game. The stupid game.

She sighed, knowing this all too well.

He won't learn anything if she keeps him here anyway, then might as well free him.

"You can go..." she muttered, and Oliver's head whipped towards his tutor.

"Hmm?" he asked, his thick scottish hum shown.

"You have a practice, don't you? Go, you're the captain." she said, her gaze not meeting his, as it was fixated on the book she was reading.