[ 91 ] : The Battle of Hogwarts pt. 3

THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 3

The war has taken what it can get.

Wreckage were all over the place, debris of falling stone walls and ceiling scattered all over the floor. Fellow students went carrying the dead bodies of those who had passed inside the Great Hall.

"Are you alright?" Kaylen helps a student up,

"Yeah, thanks." they replied, there was a gash of wound in their leg as it bleeds.

"I think you should get that fix up." she says, they nodded grimly.

"I figured, don't worry my friend will assist me." and on cue, that friend came over and started helping them up.

"Oh merlin, we need to patch that up, come on."

The corners of Kaylen's lips twitches as she watch them walk off. She turns to her side to see Liana was helping a Gryffindor.

She decided to walk towards where everyone was. Kaylen looks grim whenever she saw someone carry a body inside, that seemed to have died during the midst of the war, she couldn't help but let the tears get trapped in her eyes, as she watch Oliver enter, carrying a boy in his arms.

Kaylen runs up to him and threw her arms around him, once he set the body down.

"Kay!" Oliver's voice held surprise but full of joy.

"You're alright.." she whispered as she pulls away, with his arms on her waist, she cupped her cheeks and examined his still handsome-as-ever face.

"I'm alright." Oliver smiled.

They both pulled apart and stare mournfully at the body of a Gryffindor boy, Madam Promfey came bustling and watch with grief as the woman sighed.

Colin Creevey lay motionless, eyes shut and body unmoving.

"What happened?" Kaylen asks, not sure if she wants to know but still deeply wants to cut off the silence in the air, as Madam Promfey pulled a blanket over Colin's body and head.

"We were at the courtyard, battling with three Death Eaters. Finnigan was there with us," they glance at Seamus who had his head lowered down as he sat beside Dean.

"But we were overpowered, I didn't even registered how Creevey was hit with the Killing Curse." Oliver shakes his head, "Come on, let's check the others out." he took her hand as he leads them further inside the hall.

Many were sitting injured, being tended by Madam Promfey and some professors who were bustling around, trying to heal as many students as they could find.

Kaylen didn't even registered her surrounding as she numbly follows. Her mind was a blur and she couldn't focus on anything.

This is, of course, until a horrifying sight caught her attention. She halted abruptly, and a gasp left her lips.

There lies on the ground, a little boy. His golden brown hair drizzled, his robes slightly burnt, and his eyes staring in space, at nothing in particular.

But it wasn't that which made the scene disturbing, it was how his body twisted to different places. His arm was broken, and so was his leg, his cheek was slightly bruise, and his face covered in dust: indicating he must've been buried into the pile of stone walls when it came crumbling down.

A seventh year Ravenclaw girl was crying above his body, tears dropping into the floor like a pool. His eyes lack emotions, and she knew, he was dead.

But, he couldn't be. He just couldn't.

She had saw him, she had watch him enter that tunnel. She had saw how he turns to her for a moment, before continuing to walk.