[ 18 ]

It was the day before the second Hogsmeade visit. Students were all in ecstatic mood for tomorrow, and surprisingly have done all their homework to not be bothered by them the next day.

Including Kaylen, that though would do her homework without Hogsmeade visit, was excited for tomorrow.

She had run out of treats, (because of a certain brunette friend of hers who kept sneaking in to steal some, someone with the name that starts with 'L').

Kaylen was ready to buy a basket of treats again, and warm herself up from the cold weather with a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks. And maybe go around shops to buy some books too.

She was seated on the library, quietly reading a book about potions. She doesn't know why, but she'd always find how different ingredients mixed could create to something... what was that term? Magical.

Quite close, but enough.

"hey.." a scottish accent greeted.

She didn't even notice someone was approaching her as she was too invested in reading.

She looked up her book to see the gryffindor captain nervously shifting his weight on the ground as he stood by her.

Kaylen placed down her book, and gave Oliver a faint smile. Though, with her heart beating like crazy, it was hard to not really smile at all.

"hey, Oliver. What's up?" she muttered.

"Uh- I was just wondering, you see.. Uhm-" he started to stutter, and Kay raised an eyebrow at him.

Oliver's face was tinted pink from embarrassment, as he gazed down the floor, shuffling his feet.

He took a deep breathe and put on a determined face. There is no going back, it's now or never!, he encouraged himself in his mind and met eyes with Kaylen.

"I was wondering, this Hogsmeade visit, if you'd like to umm... possibly go with me?" he asked out.

Kaylen's breathe hitched and so did Oliver's. They were both nervous like heck.

Her heart just jumped up to another place, and her stomach was in zoo of butterflies.

She wanted to say yes a couple of time but decided she would look like an idiot for that.

"yeah, sure.." she squeaked out, looking away with a heated face.

Oliver gulped down and gaze down, blushing in crimson red. He just asked her! And she can't believe that! He couldn't contain the big smile that was crawling unto his lips as he heard her heart fluttering reply.

"great! I'll uh- see you by the Entrance Hall tomorrow. Have uh- have a good day!" he bid, and before Kaylen could reply, he ran out.

Kaylen breathe out, she lightly slap her warm cheeks and calmed down her heart.

Stop it Kay! Snap out of it! Geez it was just a question of asking you out! It's not like it's your first time to hear it!, Kaylen mentally scolded.

She was right. She had been asked by tons of boys to go with them in Hogsmeade visits. And she had rejected them.

But this? This was different. Sure, she'd been asked multiple times but this was the first time she decided to go out with someone she actually liked.

It feels odd. In a good way, I mean.

She felt like Oliver, out of all the boys who fancied her, was different. She wasn't quite sure when the feeling began, it just did.

She just happened to like Oliver Wood.

*****

"Hold on! Hold on! Hold on! Let me process this! Oliver Wood!? The boy who doesn't care about anything but the game you hated! Asked you out on a date!-"

"Well, he didn't specifically said it was date so don't get ahead of yourself. It could be just a friendly thingy or-"

"Shut up! Don't cut me off! It's a date Kay! Whether you like it or not! Girl he likes you back! I know it!" Liana squealed out.

The moment Kaylen told the Jones girl about what happened. She already regretted her decision. She knew Liana would react like this. Why did she even tell her that in the first place..!?

Alas! Because she would find out about it anyway.

Liana shoved Kaylen back in forth excitedly.

"I can't believe this! You're falling in love!" she squealed.

Her eyes widened, and her heart rate picked up faster than a Firebolt can fly you.

"I'm not in love!" Kaylen quickly retorted, looking away with a blush.

"Yes you are!" Liana rolled her eyes.

"I'm not!" she denied.

"Yes you are! And will about to fall more deeply. Now, I am really hurt I don't have someone to walk in Hogsmeade street with! But this is one of the exceptions!" Liana exclaimed.

"Please don't do this..." she murmured.

"Too late! I will be dressing you up tomorrow!" Liana declared and Kaylen mentally face palmed.

"oh no.."

*****

"So, how do I look?" Kaylen asked anxiously as she emerge out of the bathroom.

Liana gasp and smiled brightly at her, "you look dashing! So pretty! And rather irresistible." Liana commented and she blushed.

Liana laughed at her reaction, as Kaylen approached the mirror to look at herself.

Frankly, she really was beautiful.

Kaylen wore a white blouse, top with a grey jumper then a dark blue coat and a leggings paired with brown boots. Her blonde hair was loose and it's ends were curled by Liana.

Her Slytherin scarf comfortably wrapped on her neck, giving her the exact amount of warmth she needed.

Her face was, in Liana's great honor, prettily glowed by make up. She had a light eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and a pale pink lipstick and gloss.

It was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was beautiful enough.

She was dressed warmly for the occasion. She had a light pink sling bag, her favorite color, charmed with an extendable charm.

"You look adorable, Kay.." Liana remarked. She turned around and gave her brunette friend a smile. She was thankful, and glad she didn't overdo herself in dolling her up.

"Could say the same with you.." Kaylen commented.

Liana was wearing a green hoodie and a grey denim jacket, paired with a leggings and also boots. Her green Slytherin scarf also proudly wrapped around her neck.

"this isn't about me. This is about you. Now let's go, wouldn't want Ollie-lover boy of yours wait for too long.." Liana remarked, linking her arms with Kaylen, who rolled her eyes at her comment but nonetheless smiled.

She was going to have fun. And she knows that.

a/n:

BOOM! Double updates! <3