[ 30 ]

Why would it be Fred? I mean, he's been really supportive of me and Kaylen being together. So what changed? Did he have feelings for her at the very start?, Oliver thought.

Throughout the whole ride, the scot didn't even bother to interrupt Percy with his speech as he was also drowned in the words of his own thoughts.

He didn't know how to react. But he was though, well aware of what he felt.

He was jealous.

And everytime he denies he was, the stronger the feeling gets.

He shouldn't feel like this. No, he shouldn't. Because he knows, Kaylen has the perfect liberty to choose who she wants to be with.

But he couldn't help but feel in pain, that her choice wasn't him.

And moreover, she chose his friend! How was he suppose to act now? How was he suppose to talk with Fred without letting the tension get awkward?

He possibly can't.

They arrived at the castle, and Oliver remained on his seat in numb before Percy called him out.

The Great Hall was already in tucked away from the festivities and was in normal state again.

Oliver sat down the Gryffindor table, beside Percy. He watched closely as everyone who came home from Christmas entered.

Then he saw Kaylen, along with the twins, talking. She bid them goodbye, and approached a smirking Liana.

The twins made their way to Oliver and sat across them, humming joyously.

"Hiya Wood!" they chorused, and he gritted his teeth, but didn't want to be impolite to ignore them.

"Hey.." he replied lowly.

"Good holiday?" Fred asked.

"Never better."

The twins looked at each other knowingly, before shrugging and listened as Dumbledore welcome everyone back.

The dinner feast ended shortly, and everyone was ordered to go get rest. Oliver pass by Kaylen, who just continued to walk swiftly pass by him not even bothering to pay him attention, and just continued to converse with Liana.

Oliver felt as if his heart was squeezed and he couldn't breathe.

"So, the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff's quidditch match is this week..." George started.

"Any plan or new tactics, Wood?" the twins chorused, and he thought for a moment.

"We'll have to commence practice then.." he replied coolly.

The Fat Lady portrait swung open and he basically run in and to his dorm, ignoring everyone whose greeting him.

He flopped down his bed and buried his face on the pillow.

He needed to be alone right now.

He didn't need comfort from Percy, and definitely not from the twins. But if Kaylen was around, he doesn't mind.

But she wasn't.

Kaylen wasn't his. And he doesn't have the right to think she should be right here now, for she wasn't his to begin with.

But he was used to feel comfort from her the most. He was used to feeling her hand rubbed his back when he sobs. He was used to the feeling of her being around. And now that she wasn't...

It felt more painful than a thousand crucio.

Actually he would much accept that than feel this. He'd rather experience the physical pain and mental insanity...