[ 74 ]

Kaylen stumbled out of the group, and slightly heave herself away from the crowd of dancing people. She sighed out in relief when she found herself on an empty balcony, overlooking the whole garden with party people in it.

She breathed out on the air of late December, and circled her drink in hand before taking a sip.

Kaylen was currently at the Jones household, who held a New Years party, courtesy of Liana herself.

The music was booming before it slowly turned into a slow mo, and she figured everyone was having a slow dance right now.

Kaylen heard a shuffle of feet behind her and she whip her head behind to see Oliver grinning at her, with also a drink in hand. He seems sober though.

"Oh, hi love... Got tired of the party?" she joked and Oliver chuckled approaching her as he leaned his arms on the banister of the balcony.

"You weren't there, so you could say that." he mused and she giggled.

"That's sweet." she murmured, though the blush on her face did already give her away.

"You know what's sweet?" Oliver exclaimed, placing his drink down and looking at Kaylen with a matching grin.

"What?" the girl said, somehow curious to what he has in mind.

Oliver perked his ears to the slow music downstairs and hear it still playing. So he turned back to her and offer her a hand.

"That." he motioned to the slow song still playing right now, "May I have this dance?" Oliver mused.

Kaylen smirked and slid her hand on his, feeling her hand so little on his. "It would be my pleasure.." she muttered. Oliver smiled and kiss her delicate hand, before pulling her slightly closer, his one arm going down to hold her waist and his other one on her hand.

Kaylen's arm rested on his shoulder and the other entangled with his fingers. They held eye contact, as they swayed slowly on beat with the music.

Her eyes sparkle with amusement and adoration as she watch the same expression spark on his own features.

Oliver twirled her around, and she chuckled. He brought her back to his arms and she place her head down his beating heart.

"Quick! It's time for countdown!" someone yelled from downstairs and they could only imagine everyone bursting outside as they lit off the fireworks.

But the couple didn't stop swaying. They danced and only listened to the soft music still playing downstairs, they blocked everyone's yells, for they felt as if they were the only human beings that existed in this world.

"10..."

Oliver look at the lady before him: his love, his life, the girl he is willing to gave his life for.

"9..."

Kaylen returned the gaze and felt as if she could get lost anytime into his brown eyes, that held so much affection for her. The eyes that found the way to see her perfects.

"8..."

Slowly, he reach his hand out and cupped her cheeks, leaning in closer.

"7..."

He whispered, so quietly, that only Kaylen could pick up a few of his words. "Kay... You are mesmerizing.."

"6..."

"You are beautiful.."

"5..."

"And I love you.."

"4..."

She looked at him, searching his eyes and found his confession genuine. She smiled and place a soft hand on top of his.

"So do I."

"3..."

"Say it." he demanded.

"2..."

"I love you too, Oliver."

"1..."

The fireworks burst just in time as Oliver connects their lips together, and he bring her in a kiss so passionate, so desperate, and so hungry.

Like a caged tiger, after not having his meal for a week.

It was quite dramatic to have fireworks lighting up as they kissed, but at the same time, it was romantic.

-
a/n:

heyyyyyy :)

If u asking when's this gonna end, don't. I wanted to write fluffs chapters and show you just how much chemistry they both had, and the things they've been through :))

And believe me when I say, y'all are NOT ready for the ending 😪🙌

So let me manifest u with some fluffy chapter ;)

Love,

pearlyy xx