[ 81 ]

The rest of the week was hectic. As they agreed on, they didn't rush on moving in. They had lots of arrangements and appointments to go through. Kaylen just started training and Oliver was busy with practice.

They frequently visited the small cottage and they had started their renovation. Often times, its either Kaylen's parent or Oliver's are the one's who help them patch things up in the new home.

And they would also occasionally have tea with Susan and Philip. The Martel's also helps them with levitating stuff or scourgifying some mess. Nevertheless for another week, the cottage would be good enough to reside in.

But, for the moment, they weren't hasty on that matter. There were still a lot to take care of. Such as their jobs.

Kaylen started her day that morning. And oh, if only she had known what good the rest of her day would give her.

As she clapped her hands together, she smiled at her cauldron. Mr. Willton looked over her work and nodded in appreciation.

"Well done, Ms Hills. You never failed to amuse me." the man stated and Kaylen beamed. Surprisingly, her training was going smoothly good.

Mr Willton wrote something on his checkboard before facing her.

"Right. That's all for today. You can go home, Ms Hills." the man exclaimed and went off.

Kaylen smiled to herself, and gathered her things, putting on her blue coat around her. She take her exit after a quick 'goodbye see you tomorrow again' to Mr Willton.

As she walked through the hallways, she walk out of the Ministry. She found a empty alley, and she pulled out her wand. Kaylen looked around if there was any muggles around, then apparated when there wasn't.

She landed perfectly on step of the Wood's front door.

She smoothed her dress and sport her best smile, before knocking on the door. Rosie had invited her to come over for dinner, since it's been a week since she visited the Wood's, due to her busy schedules.

Someone opened the door for her, revealing Rosie. The woman's eyes lit up when she saw Kaylen, standing on the doorway.

"My, Kay! You're here, come in. Oliver is yet to arrive from practice, but I'm sure he'll be here anytime soon." Rosie said as Kaylen made herself inside.

"Ah, I see. Thanks for inviting me over, Rosie." she remarked, whilst the woman waved her hand.

"No problem at all, dearie. It's been awhile since I last saw you, it's nice to catch up again." the woman beamed and she chuckled.

Soon, as time strikes 6:15, Oliver arrived from a heavy practice. He took a quick shower then just drape on a yellow oversized shirt and jeans before joining his family and Kaylen down the dining room.

They chatted, per usual, catching up on recent events of what's going on in their life. Apparently the topic turned dark when Gyan Wood stated that they were on 3 raids with death eaters trying to kill muggles, there was a silence that came after that statement, as they silently mourn for the death of those muggles. But Rosie quickly changed the topic, it was amazing how the woman knew just how to.

After dinner, Oliver and his parents discussed about the house renovation, and Kaylen listened, occasionally adding some information he forgot to tell.

Then as the time hits 9:00 in the evening. They bid their goodbyes. Oliver insisted on taking Kaylen back home safely, even though the blonde protested she can take care of herself, but the scot was having none of it. Especially since he had promised to protect her in some sort.