[ 11 ]

The world was silent, time moving slowly than it rationally should be. The Black Lake waters flowing quietly, as their warm breathes landed on each others cold skin.

It felt as if their newly found friendship wasn't the one that matter between them now. Too much adrenaline rushing through their bodies.

Oliver continued to lean in, closing the gap of space between him and her.

Kaylen's piercing grey eyes dazed as she lose herself into Oliver's coffee brown ones. Just as their faces were inches apart, their lips brushed and a scream from a distance struck them back to their senses:

"Oi Wood! Professor McGonagall asked—" Fred stopped in what he's saying when he saw the two seating only inches apart, before he broke into a wide teasing grin.

Kaylen and Oliver blinked their eyes hastily, and snapped out of what they were doing, and pulled apart from each others close faces. Looking away at the ground, furiously blushing. Kaylen suddenly paid all her attention to the sweet pastry she was holding, and Oliver suddenly became too interested in looking at the small rock on the ground, as they avoided each others gazes.

Crimson red crept over in their faces, when they realized how awkward and inappropriate that was for 'just two friends' to do. Moreover, they were caught in the act by none other than the two school's most famous pranksters. They are never gonna hear the end of their teasing. And no way to escape it.

Their hearts were doing flips and their stomach were building up a zoo.

"Hey Fred, did you see him?— Oh." George cut off when he also saw the scenario he and his twin brother walked in.

They both stifled a laughter as they whistled, while making their way to the furious blushing Oliver and Kaylen.

"That was not something for my innocent and holy eyes to see.." Fred exclaimed playfully, glancing at George who snickered at the two.

Oliver looked up at them, and tried his best to hide the warm feeling in his cheeks as he muster the most innocent smile there is. "Fred, George. What's up?" he said, trying to ignore the fact that they just saw what scene just folded before them.

The twins gazed at Oliver and laughed, as they noticed the blush on his face that he failed to hide.

Kaylen had also looked up, trying to not feel so humiliated and ashamed at how his friends saw what just happened. "Weasleys.." she greeted softly.

"So, this was what Oliver meant by 'somewhere'..." George exclaimed teasingly, as his twin cheekily gave them a cheeky grin.

"I've always been wondering since, George. On what Ollie here meant when he angrily said, 'why can't a Gryffindor and Slytherin become friends? Who made such rubbish rules!?'" Fred cockily stated, mocking Oliver's Scottish accent.

Kaylen looked down with a blush, when she remembered her time with Oliver in the library, and when the Scot asked if they were considered friends and when she denied because of their house rivalries. She didn't expect Oliver to react and think like that after he storm off to his common room. If she knew Oliver was so against her opinions, she would've actually labeled him as a friend, that she already realized she liked.

Realizing that made her face warming up more than before. The twins smirked at her reaction, before letting out a light laugh.

"I guess your question is now answered Forge.." George snickered, "Positive Gred. Especially after what I saw a moment ago.." Fred stated audaciously, and Oliver heated up in embarrassment.

"Enough!" Oliver yelled, drifting all the attention to him.

"We were just having lunch.." he muttered but everyone could hear it. Kaylen let out a sigh of relief she's been trying to hold in, and the twins rolled their eyes at Oliver who gave a poorly thought excuse.