[ 39 ]

The day after it happened. Kaylen was silent. She didn't dare to tell Liana the whole story, though the brunette immediately knew something was off.

Kaylen rushed back to her dorm, crying. Minutes later, when Liana came in and saw her, telling the blonde to take deep breathes.

She was broken.

All day, her expression was blank. There were no energy left for her to manage showing off a trace of emotion.

Oliver had tried multiple chances on approaching her and talk things out, but she always wiggled herself out or maybe simply run away from him.

She didn't even bother to approach the Weasley twins. She doesn't see the purpose of doing so. There were no plans to discuss to them about anymore.

Just after Liana calmed her down, did she dare told her to stop the plan of her 'romantic confession' since there was no point out of it anymore.

Kaylen had successfully wriggled out from confronting Oliver this day again. She made a run for it the moment she saw him emerge from the hallway.

Oliver flopped down the chair, a frustrating sigh escaping his lips, as he rubbed his temples from the slight head ache.

"No luck again, Ollie?" George asked, who was sitting at the couch, and he shake his head.

Oliver ran his fingers through his light brown hair, before covering his face with his hands.

"I'm an idiot.." Oliver groaned.

"Caught on at that, have you Ollie?" Fred mused teasingly. Somehow the slight irritation Oliver gets around Fred had decreases down, after finally knowing the truth.

"Oh shut up Fred! If either of you told me what it was about, I wouldn't have snapped at her!" he exclaimed indignantly, regret overflowing into his whole emotion.

"That was the purpose on why she came to us personally-"

"-and not through you-"

"'cause it was a secret!" they both chorused the last words, earning another sigh from the scot.

"What was the plan on the first place anyway?" he asked sheepishly. If they weren't in this situation right now, he could've been caught on by the blush that crept on his cheeks, once he gets reminded Kaylen went all through that trouble to tell him she likes him.

"George was suppose to be with you in a moment. Then I would come and get you to go to the Astronomy Tower-"

"-and you were suppose to meet her there, and she'd confessed to you."

Suffice to say, the brown haired boy was touch by the sincerity Kaylen put through. And just by thinking of her efforts, gave his heart a harder squeeze of guilt for yelling at her that day.

****

Weeks had gone passed after Oliver's numerous attempts of talking to Kaylen, but she'd get away with it before he can even start the conversation.

Kaylen had cut off their tutoring sessions for that week, seemingly not having the energy to face the boy again.

Everytime Kaylen saw him, she would remember the blurry memory of his glare. And whenever he called out her name, she would only hear it being spat with disgust.

She felt really broken.

Never have she thought that one sentence could collapse everything in her.