[ 60 ]

• • • • •

Oliver Wood never had intentions on strolling every inches of Hogwarts, if it isn't the quidditch pitch. But seeing, as he was finally leaving in the afternoon, he was using all his time up to just take in the place he's been calling home.

It's hard to believe that he was finally leaving Hogwarts, and never coming back. Force to face the real world behind the castle walls.

But he knew, people grew.

And he had grown.

But Oliver could still remember everything that happened like it was yesterday.

The little first year boy he used to be, stumbled on a compartment with a studious looking Percy Weasley.

The second year little boy, who tried out for quidditch at the position of Keeper. And being accepted despite being in such a young age. Whilst, learning his passion for the game.

The third year little boy who met the Weasley twins and had grown used to their silly little pranks.

And believe it or not, the fourth year boy who bumped into a third year Slytherin blonde, and knew who Kaylen Hills was for the first time.

It all happened so fast that he had a hard time believing every childish behaviours, pranks, and teen love had all ended now.

Oliver Wood was now forced to step out the safe circle for kids that needed to be protected, and to step in where he was one of the adults that must protect those kids.

One of the wizard and witches that was force to open the eye of reality and face the darkness from it.

Facing the world wasn't childish games anymore like how Fred and George called it. It was a harsh reality, and despite how painful it sounds. It was reality.

Once you come to the right age, you are dragged away from your wonderful dreams and pushed to the real world.

Oliver sighed as he dip his toes on the fresh water of the Black Lake for the last time.

"Out here to enjoy, yeah?" a voice asked. He turned around and saw a flushed cheeks Kaylen, standing beside him.

Oliver smiled at her.

She was in her jumper, jacket, and jeans ready to leave at Hogsmeade Station, and ride the Hogwarts Express back to King Cross Station.

She was panting, looking everywhere for her missing boyfriend and finding him here in the Black Lake, dipping his toes on the water.

"Hey..."

Kaylen smiled and sat next to him. She took off her boats and set it aside before sliding her bare toes on the water too, fiddling it as it touched the fresh lake liquid.

"This is nice..." she breathed.

"It is. Hope I can do it again, though." Oliver said, sadly.

She took his hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Oh, but you can." she muttered and he let out a laugh, that was full of emotions.