Bonus Chapter

Kaylen looked around and smiled. The whole dining table was full of chatters and clanking of table wares, as they all shared dinner.

It was New Years Eve and they were all gathered in the Wood's cottage. Since the dining room inside the cottage wasn't big enough to fit a lot of people, they took the initiative to have the meal in the backyard.

Neon light ornaments, that was leftovers from Christmas were tied on the trees, making the yard more colorful.

There was a recorder playing in the background with a soft melodic sound.

A long table was place on the center where all their friends sat.

Kaylen and Oliver had gone out their way to invite their friends. Liana Jones was there, sitting right beside Ernie Macmillan, whom she had brought along.

It wasn't really clear if both of them was going out, but seeing as Liana had denied the assumptions many time. They figured they still haven't. But they do seem to spark a new found friendship.

Kaylen thought this was a good sign, Liana was laughing more often now. She was glad that Ernie was all it takes to pull Liana out her dark circle.

George Weasley was excitedly telling Liana his plans for the shop, while his hands were intertwined with Angelina Johnson right under the table.

Francis was also there, who sat across Bill and chatting with him most likely something about quidditch. Michael sat next to Oliver's as they talk about a new tactic to use in their next match. And Paria was gushing about something to Fleur, Kaylen wasn't entirely sure about.

Kaylen sat beside Oliver's right as he talk with Michael on his left.

None of their family members were present in that New Years eve gathering, only their friends were...

This was simply because, Mr and Mrs Hills were on a vacation, taking the rest of her siblings out of the country. They were heading to Maldives to enjoy the fresh water beach there.

Rosie and Gyan Wood were also not present, for they were in a field trip with their own adult friends, as Oliver has stated it.

The table was full of plates with delicious foods in them, they dug in as they talk. Alvin and Lensia Wood sat on the ground with chocolate frogs in front of them as they tried to get as many characters as they can.

Fortunately, both of the twins were already fed and there's no need for Kaylen to worry anymore.

Victoire Weasley was also settled inside the cottage, in one of the twins crib. Fleur had given birth to Victoire just a month ago, it came both of a surprise when Fleur announced that Kaylen and Oliver were made as Victoire's godparents.

The couple were of course more than honoured to live up to that title.

And speaking of a child's godparents, Kaylen and Oliver had also arranged the godparents for their own children.

Both George and Paria were the godparents of Alvin Wood.

It was solely Oliver's decision to make them, though Kaylen made no room to argue. She was quite certain that with Paria and George as godparents, Alvin was going to be the biggest troublemaker there is.

Meanwhile, they made the decision for Fleur and Percy Weasley to be Lensia's godparents.

Of course, Percy whom was one of Oliver's close friends, was also in that dining table listening to George as he rambles about the shop. He claimed that his presence were only because of the mere respect for their invitation.

But the couple knew it was because of the fact that Percy was enthusiastic about meeting his goddaughter again.

His girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater was also there, sat beside him. Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet were also present on the occasion.

Liana, of course, had whined about not being granted as one of the twins godparent. But this is where the next biggest announcement came in...

Kaylen gives a side glance at Oliver for a moment, and seeing him distracted in conversation with Michael, she tried to reach out for a glass of wine.

She held the wine to bring it towards her lips and just as she was starting to think she made no default, Oliver suddenly grab the glass of wine out her hands.

She looks over at him with a pout and he grins at her, amused.

"I told you, love. You can't have any alcohol beverages for tonight." Oliver said as he set the glass down, "Or for the next few more months."

"Wine isn't that strong," Kaylen huffed, slumping her shoulders down as she sink back into her chair.

"Yes, but it still contains a tiny bit of alcohol in it." he chuckled and upon seeing her frown, he tucks a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, "Just wait a few more months, alright?"

Kaylen looks up and glares at him. Apparently, this was the right time for her mood swings,

"Can't I just take a sip? You are all drinking and I have to stick with gillywater, it's annoying how tempting it is!" she whined,

"You're four weeks pregnant, love. You can't drink, it's not good for the baby." he pointed out,

She shot him another dagger look, and retorted...

"Screw you! This is all your fault." she mumbled and he laughs lightly.

"Right, right. It was all my fault." Oliver said with a nonchalant smile. He knows not to trigger her mood swings even more.

Kaylen huffed and stab her steak, bringing it to her mouth, chewing it begrudgingly.

Oliver looks highly amused by her action, and leans his forearm on the table and watch her as he chuckled.

As it had been said, they were welcoming another little munchkin in the world. And it is absolutely surreal.

They had announced before the dinner, that they have decided for Liana to be the new kid's godmother and for Michael to be the godfather.

Michael made no protest and gladly accepted the honour. Meanwhile, Liana was on tears and she kept reaching out to touch Kaylen's still flat belly a couple of times that Ernie had to pull the brunette back.

Kaylen glance around her surrounding. The happy faces of her loved ones, her little children playing on the grass just near them, and Oliver's hand that stayed on her thigh for the most duration of the dinner.

Everything felt in place. She felt absolutely complete.

Like all her life puzzles were solved and she just felt so happy. She place a hand on her abdomen and let a smile form on her lips.

As soon as the dinner was about to end, Francis lifts his glass of wine and exclaimed loudly...

"To Kaylen and Oliver's new child and to the very Happy New Year!"

Everyone lifted their own glass of wine, bright grins on their faces. Even Alvin and Lensia copies the adults actions and lifts two chocolate frogs. Kaylen lifts her cup of gillywater and smiled as they all repeated,

"To Kaylen and Oliver's new child and to the very Happy New Year!"

Then they all bring their glass to their lips. It was a great toast to welcome another year in life.

we have one more bonus chapter ahead before this book will be finally coming to an end. help im getting sad :(

~pearlyy xx