[ 21 ]

The pair walked a little more down the snowy streets of Hogsmeade. Passing by shops and shops, and sometimes deciding to enter one.

They mostly spent their time talking. With Kaylen sharing about her life and family, purposely leaving out the details about Kleo.

And Oliver sharing about his. He often times mention quidditch and all Kaylen could do was tense up and stayed quiet until his Quidditch rambles comes to an end.

She didn't dare to cut him off, for she saw the glint of passion he has in those brown eyes of his as he talks.

Kaylen didn't wanna ruin that for him. But that doesn't mean, she liked the topic at all.

As they continued to stroll, they pass by Madam Puddifoots Tea Shop.

"they said girls usually like their dates here. They reckon it was romantic." Oliver remarked, looking at the small house tea shop.

Kaylen let out a snort.

"what about you?" asked the brown haired boy.

"what about me?" Kaylen questioned.

"well, would you like to have a date there?" Oliver asked, somewhat eagerly.

Kaylen swear she heard her heart thump at his question.

"I don't know, I never really entered the shop. But if it's really 'romantic', I'll take it." Kaylen shrugged and he chuckled.

"Come on, let's go back. It's getting colder.." Oliver said, holding out on her wrist.

Kaylen smiled at the little touch, and they head on their way to the carriages going back to the castle.

It was the most blissful day the pair could label.

Though, they may say it was just a friendly thingy. But deep down, it wasn't just 'friends'.

It was more.

"So? How was it?"

Liana literally have the question ready. Because as soon as Kaylen stepped inside their dorm, she was already met with a smug looking Liana, who was seated on her bed, cross legged.

"Good." she simply replied taking off her coat and flopping down her bed beside where Liana was seated.

Liana knit her eyebrows together.

"Come on, Kay! Tell me about it! How'd it go?" Liana persistently asked, as she shake Kaylen back in forth.

Kaylen groaned in annoyance and sat up.

"Fine! It was lovely! And he was sweet! Is that what you want to hear!?" Kaylen exclaimed.

"Eeek! Close enough! I can't believe this is happening right now!" Liana squeaked out in delight.

Kaylen smiled and flop back down her bed, with Liana copying her actions who was still grinning like an idiot at her.

"Lia.." she mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"I'm not really sure about this.." Kaylen confessed and Liana's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she turned around to her.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I mean- I admit I fancy him but- I really cant be with him.." Kaylen muttered and her brunette friend sat up, shooting her a questioning look.

Kaylen sighed and sat up cross legged.

"Look, I might've really come to realize that I do like Oliver. But it's complicated, you know. He's so obsessed with quidditch and I- I can't see myself with that.." Kaylen admitted, and Liana sighed in frustration.

"Kay, look. You like him, you've grown to know him for the past month, and he's grown to know you too. It's not bad to tell him secrets.." Liana said, and Kaylen raised an eyebrow at her.

"You possibly don't mean- I should-"

"tell him about your brother, yes." Liana finished and she looked down, fidgeting with the hem of her jumper.

"Lia, I can't. You know, I still get emotional with the topic and if I break down in was front of him I-"

"he'll be there to help you.." Liana said.

The brunette Slytherin scooted beside Kaylen, and place a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"Kay, there's no use in keeping it from him. He's practically a guy who loves quidditch and if you keep tensing up with him talking about it. It will leave him clueless and he would ramble more about it either way..." Liana gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"If it hurts you when he talks about quidditch, you tell him that. You don't need to bare a pain just so you can keep the glint of passion on his eyes. You can tell him.." Liana said.

Kaylen looked at her and smiled.

"I'll try. Thank you Lia.." she muttered.

"come here.."

Liana engulfed her in a hug, rubbing a hand on her back in reassurance.

a/n:

Drama~

I've changed the cover💅

-pearlyy🌙