[ 73 ]

The 25th of December came around, and the whole Hills children sprawled around the huge living room, and opened their respective presents under the huge Christmas tree.

Liana was there, too. Kaylen had invited her over and they both opened their gifts together on the couch, with hot choco placed on the table beside them.

Kaylen was just about done with opening her presents, when Liana shoved a gift to her.

"Open it!" Liana squealed and the blonde laughed.

Slowly, she unwrapped the gift, and open it, only to see a stack of books (to which she laughed at) and a pair of gloves.

Confused, she lift the gloves up and shot a questioning look at her best friend. It seems like a quidditch gloves, but that wouldn't make sense since Kaylen doesn't have any intention to play quidditch.

"What's this?" the blonde asked, dumbfounded when Liana only beamed.

"Uhh... Thanks...?" she awkwardly said and the brunette chuckled. "It's not for you, dummy. Well, technically, it is for you. But it's not from you." Liana exclaimed.

Kaylen looked more puzzled than before.

"It's Kleo's quidditch gloves." Liana beamed and her grey eyes enlarge to the size of a mountain. She look at the gloves with glossy eyes.

This was her brother's.

"How'd you get it?" she croak out. She was speechless, and those were the only words she could utter out.

"I bribe Mr. Dylan, of course. How I did? Don't ask." Liana winked and she laughed.

"You are unbelievable sometimes, Lia." she muttered, and the brunette girl grinned.

"'Sometimes' seems like a compliment." Liana exclaimed and she shake her head.

"It's not."

"Oh, well." the girl shrugged and Kaylen pulled her in for a warm hug whispering a thank you to her ears, and Liana was only happy she could make her best friend happy.

~****~

Kaylen lay down her bed, facing the ceiling. Her blonde loose hair all over her pillow as the moonlight from her window pane illuminated it. Her striking grey eyes pierced through Kleo's quidditch gloves she held on her hand, as she examined it, raising it upwards.

She traced her delicate finger through the rough fabric of the glove. She can't believe she was actually touching an object Kleo hadn't touch for so long.

And she can't describe how she utterly misses her brother.

Kaylen received her gifts at that morning, and Fleur gave her a cute star earrings, whilst Fred and George sent her a stash of sweets and a book about potion making (they reckon with her knowledge, she could help them big time in the future) that they grudgingly bought. And Oliver sent her a beautiful red dress, she found quite lovely and can't wait to try it on.

And in exchange, Kaylen sent Fleur a friendship bracelet (that she also gave Liana when they first became friends), some Polyjuice Potions (that she brew herself, in case the twins wanted a good prank for the use of it) and a list of ingredients that could help them create a new joke product for the Weasley twins. And she sent Oliver a book of Quidditch Through Ages, and a new hoodie since his maroon one is still with her.

Which she is currently wearing right now.

Kaylen could smell the familiar aroma in Oliver's hoodie on her. His cinnamon and broomstick wax scent was exceptional.