[ 79 ]

The place was full of bustling employees going around here and there. When Kaylen burst out of the fireplace, she smoothed the skirt of her dress graciously. She looked around and continued walking, until she entered the elevator.

She waited as it finally made a stop on the Job Application and Trainee Department, and she walk out the elevator.

She look both of her sides, and decided to walk over the almost empty hallways to her right. The wallpapers around the Ministry was eery and it was silent. There wasn't a lot of wizards and witches lurking around in this department.

When she stood and open the one of the door at the end of the hallway, she was met in a large office.

The room was filled with shelves full of documents, books, and papers. On the other side were vials of potions, cauldrons and ingredients. When she rounded the corner, she saw a man sat on his desk with stack of papers in it.

She walk over the desk whilst sporting her best professionalism face. She stood before him, but he seemed to have yet to notice the lady, as he was engrossed on the papers he's working on.

When Kaylen saw he hadn't notice her arrival, she cleared her throat and the man almost jumped back in surprise as he raised his head to her.

The man was just about forty, and he had a few burns on the side of his face (probably from all those failed brews).

"Oh goodness merlin! I didn't know someone has appointment today.. -" his voice trailed off as he cleared his throat and sat up straighter. "Ah, yes. Ms. Hills, am i right?" he asked.

"Yes, I am here to give you my application paper for potion trainee.." she placed her suitcase on the desk and opened it, bringing out a paper and carefully handing it to the man in front of her.

The man scrambled for his glasses, as Kaylen shut her suitcase close and brought it back to her side. The man put on his glasses and examined her application letter.

"Ah, yes yes. A fresh Hogwarts graduate. Are you planning on working at St. Mungos after you're done training potion making?" he asked, keeping his eyes trained to the paper.

She nodded.

"Yes, but not permanently. I'll only be supplying potions occasionally for them." she explained and the man hummed and nodded.

"Ah, of course. The art of potion making takes pure talent and effort to do." the man said, "It's not everyday people take interest in brewing. But a few sees how potions works wonder."

He set the paper down and look over his drawer.

"Yes, I've heard about your talents. Professor Snape talks greatly about you." he stated, while continue looking for something. Kaylen blushed and grinned proudly.

"I'm glad. Good things, I hope."

"Ah, yes. Very great things." he replied, "and it would be a waste of talent if I don't accept your application."

Kaylen grinned as the man finally found his stamp. He opened it, and carefully stamp a ministry approved on her application paper that made Kaylen's eyes lit up.

"Pleasure working with you, Ms. Hills. I am Furis Willton." he extended his hand for a handshake and she gladly accepted.

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Willton." she exclaimed as they pulled their hand away.

"Congratulations, Ms. Hills. You will be trained." he said and Kaylen nodded happily, taking her approved paper before walking out of the office joyfully.

~****~

As she arrived back home, she sunk herself unto the couch, letting out a loud tired sigh. The Hills living room was huge, the parlor was on the other side of the big doors. It has two couch and armchairs around a small table. Kaylen, though, thinks it's too much.