[ 83 ]

Living together has it's pros and cons. While it was nice waking up in the bed next to each other, it was hard to assign on who should make breakfast. So when Kaylen woke up that morning, next to a sleeping Oliver, she had a smile on her face.

Deciding to make him breakfast, seeing as he was worn out from the heavy practice yesterday, she was the first one to get out of bed.

They have officially moved in a few days later, after they have made the appointment to let their parents and Kleo drop by to see the cottage. Suffice to say, they were in awe of how cozy and warm it was, considering it was beside a beach.

When Kaylen trudge down the stairs that morning, and made her way to the kitchen. She took out a frying pan, and a bag of breads, deciding to make toasts.

And so when she used this muggle device called stove, safe to say, the breads were mercilessly burnt that day. And when the smell of burning smoke flood through the kitchen towards upstairs, hitting Oliver's sense of smell. The scot crinkled his nose and groaned as he rolled up the bed, when he saw the bed was empty beside him, he had a clue on who did it.

When Oliver trudge down stairs, down to the kitchen, his guts were right when he saw his girlfriend sheepishly grinning at his entrance, holding a spoon and a bag of breads.

"Love, what are you doing?" he asked groggily, rubbing his still sleepy eyes as he tried his best not to laugh.

"Uhhh, cooking." she replied.

Oliver approached the kitchen counter and looked over the plate of Kaylen's cooking result. There were plenty of burnt toast, all colored in ashed black.

"And what is this supposed to be?" he asked, lifting a very overcooked toast.

"Well, that's supposed to be a toast and - stop looking at me like that - I don't know how to cook, Ollie!" Kaylen groaned. It was true, she never knew how to toast a bread or to cook for that matter. Back at the Hills Manor, they had house elves to do that job for them. Therefore, she had never learned or knew anything about cooking.

"You do know these aren't edible, right?" he snorted and she crossed her arms, selfishly glaring at her totally unhelpful boyfriend.

Oliver laughed at her, and scoop her up the ground, whilst Kaylen let out a squeal. He set her down the kitchen counter, as he pulled his sleeves up the elbows. Kaylen looked at him curiously.

"What are you doing?" she asked and he grinned at her.

"Watch and learn, babe." he said, pecking her cheeks, as she rolled her eyes.

Oliver set the frying pan back on the stove, and turned on the fire in a minimum heat. He picked up the plate of burnt toasts Kaylen had made, and gaze at it for several seconds as if questioning its existence, before he threw it at the trash. Kaylen looked highly offended.

"Hey!! I worked hard for that!" she protested and Oliver looked at her with a teasing smirk.

"If we eat that, we might as well just drink poison." he joked and she pouted. He chuckled at her antics and kissed the corner of her mouth, hoping that would make her feel better from her failed attempt of cooking.

After the pan was slightly heating, Oliver placed five breads on it, letting it harden to toast itself.

When the first one was done Oliver took the toast out, he took a bite of it and nodded in appreciation. He gave Kaylen a kiss, when she saw her sending him a look of awe.

 He gave Kaylen a kiss, when she saw her sending him a look of awe