Chapter Sixty-Nine

A/N Aha! I'm Alive! 

Did I start this in February and that's why it features Valentines day? Yes. Am I going to change it just because I'm publishing this two months later? No. No I'm not.

Also, haha funny number.

At lunch, Paperjam was brought out of his thoughts at the sound of Dust's voice. "Horror! Will you be my Valentine?!" Dust cried out, shoving a half eaten chocolate bar in Horror's hands. Horror stood silent for a moment, before grinning, "Of course Dust! I'll be your valentine" Horror agreed, taking the chocolate bar. Fresh snickered, "Killer, Dust's stealing your boyfriend" Fresh told the younger skeleton, who had been until now listening to music.

Killer looked at Dust, and glared at him "Dude! what the heck!" Killer exclaimed. Dust looked at Killer and in a faux patronizing tone he responded with, "Too bad man, you should of asked him first" Dust stuck out his tongue.

Horror chuckled, "Yeah Killer" He agreed, grinning. Killer huffed, "Okay, Horror, will you be my Valentine?" Killer asked him. Horror thought for a moment, "No <3" he then added, "Dust's older than you" Horror explained. Killer gasped, "by a month! one, singular, month!" Killer cried. Horror shook his head, "Dust's also taller" He added.

Killer scoffed jokingly, "No he isn't, I'm sitting down!" Killer argued, Dust rolled his eyes, "Whatever makes you sleep better at night Killer" Dust responded. Horror nodded, "Yeah, plus Dust gave me something, you didn't" Horror reasoned. Killer frowned, "I'd never beat a half-eaten chocolate bar, what could be more romantic?" Killer wept.

Dust laughed smugly, "exactly" He agreed. "How do you feel, being all single again?" Dust laughed at Killer. Killer grinned, "I feel free! you fool! This was all a ploy!" Killer exclaimed, standing up suddenly. He pointed his finger at Dust, "You're trapped! You're trapped in the metaphorical chains of commitment! How do you feel?!" Killer laughed.

Dust froze, "no..." He whispered. "How could I let this happen? defeated by a being so lowly to have an attachment such as a lover" Dust muttered darkly, "I have been defeated" Dust admitted. Killer chuckled, "So you have" Paperjam then spoke up, "As lovely as this is, shouldn't you be doing that homework, Killer?" Paperjam reminded the skeleton. Killer blanched instantly, "Oh no" He whispered. Dust scoffed, "you haven't done it yet?" He asked incredulously. 

Horror chuckled, "you still have thirty minutes. I'm sure you can fit an hour homework piece into that time" Horror said sarcastically, throwing the chocolate bar away. Dust glared at him, "hey! I was going to eat that!" Dust whined. Horror shrugged, "Shouldn't of given it to me then" Horror told him.

Paperjam sighed, tuning them out again. It wasn't until the feeling of someone tapping his shoulders did he look back up again. Looking up, he was greeted by the sight of Emilio, he seemed uncomfortable. "Uh, Paperjam?" Emilio spoke, "yeah? what's up?" Paperjam responded, growing increasingly aware of his friends silence. "Can I talk to you? alone?" Emilio asked. Paperjam nodded, "sure, come on" Paperjam agreed, standing up. 

They walked for a bit until the sound of students talking was faint. "So, you wanted to talk about something?" Paperjam asked, suddenly nervous. Emilio nodded, "yeah, uh Paperjam" The skeleton's voice cracked, making Paperjam chuckle.

"Here" Emilio said, pulling his hand from behind him. In his hand was a small handful of the same flower, barely big enough to be consider a bouquet. They were purple, and the name of them was unknown to Paperjam. "Will you be my Valentine?" Emilio asked, his face getting darker. 

Paperjam looked at him surprised, and he was sure his own face got redder as well. Paperjam found himself speechless, and it wasn't until he noticed Emilio's nervousness did he respond. "Sure, yes, uh" Paperjam stuttered, "Yes, I'll be your Valentine" Paperjam told him, smiling slightly.