Chapter Eighty-Five

As the month turned into December, the weather became colder, so cold in fact, that it had started to snow. Looking out the window, Erratum could see the small specks of white snow fall from the sky, just to land and merge with equally white snow on the ground. 

Erratum smiled at the window, before turning to his class- His new class. Just as students leave every year, new students come every year, and now, even two months later, Erratum still trying to figure out his new, youngest students. 

Of course, he still recognized the majority of his students, such as Horror and Killer, or Snowdrake, Star and Papyrus, the latter who had seemed to have had another growth spurt during the holidays, but there were new students as well. At first, Erratum was concerned about how quiet his class was going to be now that the loudest of them had left, but Erratum quickly realized he had nothing to worry about.

Erratum turned to the students, "OkAY CLaSs, SiNCE iT's THe FirST daYs Of dEcEMbeR, i'vE DEciDED WE're GOinG to Be doInG somEthIng tO dO WiTh cHRiSTMAs" Erratum informed his class. He quickly passed out their work, quickly giving Killer a warning look when he noticed the skeleton trying to take a few sewing needles. Erratum grinned at the class, "I'lL bE goInG aRoUnD thE ClAss, If ANyOnE NeeDS anY HelP JuST PuT yOuR hANd Up ANd I'LL COmE to yOU" Erratum explained. 

At this, the class got louder, realizing Erratum was now leaving them to do their work. He started to walk around the class, reaching Horror, Dust and Killer first. Erratum glanced at them in concern, then to their work, "ArE yOu THRee suRE YoU dON'T nEEd HelP?" Erratum asked, wincing slightly as Killer ripped the fabric. Horror looked up, and grinned at Erratum, "Nope!" He replied cheerfully.

Erratum sighed, but left them to it. It was a conversation they had practically every lesson, and their answer never changed, much to Erratum's chagrin. He walked over to the next table, where Snowdrake, Papyrus, and a new student, Flower Wing sat. Flower was a human, smaller than most were at her age. She was quiet, not talking to most of the class, but had made an unlikely friendship with Snowdrake, and less surprisingly, Papyrus. 

All three of them were fairly good at the work, and didn't seem to need any help, so he left them to it, walking to the next table. On this table, sat Chara, Raven and Star, who were all talking with one another. "That is not how you do it!" Hissed Chara, their red eyes glaring angrily at Raven, who seemed to be having some trouble with the work. Raven's wings puffed out like a chicken, "Really? How about you do it then!" Raven snapped, throwing it at Chara, thankfully without the needles. Star, who sat beside Raven, sighed, "He's only been trying for a few minutes, please don't use this as another reason to fight" She pleaded, giving them both tired looks. 

Chara glared at Raven, "Look what you've done, you've upset Star" They blamed Raven, pointing at him. Raven growled, "Me? what have I done-?" Erratum sighed, "YoU nEEd ANy hELp you thREE?" He questioned, eyeing the thrown fabric. Chara nodded, "Raven needs-" Said skeleton hit Chara, forcing them to shut up, "No I don't!" He exclaimed. Erratum looked at Raven, "HoW abOuT yOu ShOw Me WHat yOu're DOiNG, aNd i Can SeE wHERe You'RE goIng wROnG?" Erratum offered.

After helping Raven, Erratum walked over to check on the next table, which held only new students. The most recognizable was Kris Dreemurr, the youngest sibling to Chara and the recently graduated Asriel. They were a strange child, and had a habit of just standing in places doing nothing. Erratum was concerned for them for awhile, as they hadn't made any friends, most likely due to how silent they were, but his worries were lifted when they made friends with another new student, Susie Rune. 

Susie, unlike Kris, was loud, and had a habit of frightening students. She didn't really do any work in other classes apparently, if what Blue and Ink said were true, but she seemed to enjoy his class, so Erratum wasn't complaining. However, what did concern him was how she tried to constantly eat the sewing needles, despite his explanations of 'No Susie, that could hurt you'.