Chapter Fifty-Six

It was Friday, second period, and Dust was standing next to his food tech partner, Paperjam. Of course, he wasn't paying attention to Paperjam much, and instead, he was keeping his eyes focused on their teacher, Mr. Blue.

He was telling them the basic's on how to cook the next thing they were making, Cake. Dust was holding onto each word their teacher said, hoping to impress him.

Dust snorted a little. It wouldn't be hard to do that, as at least in his class, as everyone seemed absolutely horrible at Cooking. Paperjam was decent, but the only reason he hadn't gone down pass a C yet was because he could actually do the written work in this class.

"Okay everyone, get your ingredients out, we have an hour to do this" Mr. Blue said. Dust did as Mr. Blue said, and pulled out all of his items. "uh, oh" Paperjam muttered. Dust glanced over to him, giving him a questioning look, "I've forgotten the butter" Paperjam panicked. 

Dust sighed, "Here, I've got some spare" Dust told him, giving the wrapped up butter to Paperjam. Paperjam thanked him, but Dust ignored him, In favour of staring at Mr. Blue some more.

"Okay everyone, turn your ovens on and start preparing your items!" Mr. Blue ordered them. 

An hour later, Both Paperjam and Dust had managed to make their own cakes. Alphys did okay as well, except for the fact that she had completely forgotten to add the sugar due to her nerves, making the cake taste bitter. Chara was unlucky this time, as the cake was completely burnt, because she had forgotten to turn the fan on.

Mr. Blue seemed slightly disappointed by this, but he still tried to give them encouragement, even though half the class didn't even want to cook. 

Mr. Blue walked over to Paperjam's and Dust's oven, and smiled at them. "Wow guys! these look great!" Mr. Blue complimented them. Paperjam grinned at the teacher, but Dust just stared.

Mr. Blue looked like he was going to say something else, when the door suddenly opened. Pigment walked through the door, his eyes white and void of emotion. No one cared, as this was a regular thing. Dust frowned, looking at the God. His hands were shaking, though you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong from looking at his face. 

It seemed Mr. Blue, as well as the rest of the class didn't notice the creator's state, as Mr. Blue just smiled at him, before going back to his students. Pigment then sat on Mr. Blue's chair, and just stared at the wall.

Dust frowned, Something seemed off, but Dust just assumed it had to do with Pigment's new change in eye colour. 

"hey, Pigment" He heard Mr. Blue say quietly. Usually, if anyone else spoke in that volume, especially if they were on the other side of the classroom, Dust would of never heard them. But, since it was Mr. Blue talking, Dust heard every word as if it was coming out of a microphone. 

He looked over to Mr. Blue, and saw him trying to get Pigment's attention. Pigment was just staring at the wall, and his hands were shaking even more than they were when Dust first saw them. Mr. Blue seemed to have finally noticed it, and was trying to get Pigment's attention without grabbing the attention of the class.

Dust looked at Mr. Blue's face. His face was full of concern, as well as fear. That wasn't strange, As Pigment was acting strange. Well, stranger than usual.

What grabbed Dust by surprise was the last emotion he noticed. He knew it well, as it was the look Killer had while looking at Horror, and the look Mr. Error had looking at Mr. Erratum. And strangely, It was similar to the look Paperjam had while he daydreamed in class.

Dust suddenly felt sick, and he turned away sharply. Paperjam gave him a questioning look, but that was the last of his priorities. Dust held his glasses tight, as he finally realized something. It was like he had been dreaming this whole time, and he had just finally woke up.