Chapter fifty

It was now Saturday. Paperjam, Fresh, Undyne, Killer, Dust and Lust (who had insisted on coming, saying he hadn't seen Cross in awhile) all were currently in front of where Cross was staying at; Mr. Nightmare's home. 

Dust knocked on the door, and a few seconds later Mr. Dream came answering. "oh! Cross said you all would be coming!" Mr. Dream spoke, "Come on in" Mr. Dream said, letting them in.

The six of them entered the house, and saw Mr. Nightmare, who was on a laptop, seemingly too focused in his work to notice them. Mr. Dream smiled at them, "Cross' room is upstairs,  the last one down the hallway" Mr. Dream told them, "Do you need help getting there?" He asked. Paperjam shook his head, "No thank you, we can get there" Paperjam told Mr. Dream.

Mr. Dream smiled again, "Okay, have fun you lot" Mr. Dream said, walking away from them.

Paperjam was the first to walk up the stairs, followed by Lust, Fresh, Killer, Undyne and lastly Dust. They all reached the second floor, and had little to no trouble finding cross' room.

Lust knocked on the door, "Cross? You in there?" Lust asked. There was no reply. A few seconds later, the door opened, and Cross appeared in the door way, "Hiya, you wanna come in?" Cross asked. Everyone nodded, and Cross moved to allow them all in.

Almost everyone found somewhere to sit, whether that be on the bed, a chair, or even a random pile of clothes. The only person who insisted on standing up was Killer, who was already having a hard time just standing in the room.

"You said something about staffroom keys, right?" Cross asked. Paperjam nodded, "yeah. do you still have them?" Paperjam asked. Cross nodded slowly, "why do you need it?" Cross asked. He looked over to Lust, but the pink-coloured skeleton just shrugged. Cross sighed, and looked back to Paperjam.

"We just need to have a look at something, that's all" Undyne answered. Killer nodded, "yeah, we're not doing anything bad" Killer spluttered out. Dust hit him on the head, but said nothing.

Cross squinted at him, "yeah" Cross drawled out. Paperjam sighed, "Fine. we'll tell you" Paperjam grumbled, "But first" Paperjam continued, "You have to swear you'll tell no one" Paperjam ordered. Cross seemed to contemplate this for a moment, before shaking his head. "Nah, it's fine" Cross said casually, "you don't need to tell me, here-" Cross spoke, throwing the key at Paperjam.

Paperjam grinned, "Thanks Cross" thanked Paperjam, shoving the key in his pocket. Cross grinned, "No problem" He replied. Killer hummed, "What are we going to do now?" He asked, "It'd be pretty suspicious to leave as soon as we got here" Killer pointed out.

Dust sighed, and pulled out a pack of Uno cards. "Wanna play?" He asked.

"Ah ha! Uno!" Undyne shouted. Paperjam scowled, "That's the third time in a row you've won" Paperjam fumed, "You're cheating" Paperjam declared. Undyne glared at Paperjam, "No I'm not, you just suck" Undyne bickered. 

Lust sighed, "Who wants another round?" He asked. Everyone agreed, except; "Hey, you guys start without me" Paperjam stated, "I've gotta go to the toilet" He told them.

"The toilets down-" Cross was cut of by the door closing. Cross frowned, and looked to everyone else. No one seemed to have noticed it, so Cross just sighed and went back to their eleventh game of Uno.

Paperjam walked into the hallway, and suddenly realized he didn't know where the toilets were. Not wanting to embarrass himself, Paperjam decided to not go back to Cross, and ask him where they were, even if it were easier to do so.

Paperjam took slow steps across the long hallway. Suddenly, Mr. Dream's voice was heard, "Hey Paperjam!" Mr. Dream greeted. Mr. Dream looked at him, "Do you need something?" Mr. Dream asked, and Paperjam nodded. "Uh, Could you tell me where the toilets are?" Paperjam asked. Mr. Dream nodded. "They're downstairs, just go through the kitchen and you'll see it" Mr. Dream explained.