Chapter Seventy-Seven

Erratum and Pigment stared at each other silently. "I'Ve PuT thIs Off foR faR tOO LonG pIgmENt. We nEed To TaLK" Erratum grimaced as he said this, and Pigment knew he other skeleton was somehow blaming himself. For what, he didn't know, but Pigment had spent far too much time with Erratum to not know what that look meant. 

He stayed silent, looking at Erratum as indifferent as he always did. The silence seemed to make everything feel slower. Nostalgia hit him, the silence and emptiness of the house reminding him on just how threatening the destroyer could be. Erratum sighed, breaking both the silence and Pigment's train of thought, it was no longer the destroyer in front of him, but merely Erratum.

Pigment looked away, clenching and unclenching his hands. He had to stop thinking like that. Erratum was the destroyer, and the destroyer was Erratum, there wasn't a difference. "iF wE DoN'T tAlK NoW, I DOn't THiNK We EvER WiLl" Erratum paused, most likely to collect his thoughts, before admitting, "i Don't WanT To GO bACk tO hOw THiNGs WEre bEFOre PiGMenT, wHy do yOu?" He questioned, his tone without bitterness like one might expect, just acceptance and curiosity. 

Pigment huffed, "I-" Erratum shook his head, making him pause. "nO PiGMenT, DoN'T juSt repEAT yOuRSelF. ThInK abOuT iT, wHat'S reallY thE trUth?" The tiredness in Erratum's voice made Pigment pause, and genuinely think it over. 

Pigment opened his mouth, before closing it again. "I- because..." Pigment frowned, before looking Erratum right in the eye. "Nothings changed. Once we get back home, everything- everything will go back to how it was. How it's meant to be" Pigment spoke. Erratum frowned, "NoTHiNgS cHANgeD?" He repeated, sounding surprised. He went to speak again, before hesitating. "yOu ReALlY thInK thAT? ThAT We'RE thE samE PEoPLe WhO fOuGHt By thE voId TOgETHer?" Erratum asked, his tone calmer than before. 

Pigment went to speak, but Erratum cut him off. "yOu ThiNk We're THe SamE PeoPle FroM Two- alMoSt THreE yEARS aGO? ThAT we HaVen't CHanGeD?" Erratum continued to question. "hOnesTlY, telL Me, wOUlD YoU anD mE Back thEN EveR haVe A coNvERSaTIoN LikE thIs?" Erratum gave him a look that just screamed 'Think'. 

Pigment thought back to their last moments together in their original multiverse. "I..." He paused.

"Error! come here! we aren't finished! we wont let you get away!" Ink screamed out, "You can't run away, we will kill you!" Ink threatened.

Pigment frowned, "I wanted to kill you" He informed Erratum, instead of answering. Erratum hummed, nodding. He looked unsurprised. "Do yOu sTIlL WaNna KiLl Me?" Erratum asked, giving Pigment a look as if he already knew the answer. Finding no reason to lie, Pigment responded with, "No" Erratum smiled at that. 

Erratum grinned, "ThaT's GooD, i doN'T reALlY wANnA dIE" Erratum told him. Pigment, unsure of how to respond to that, said nothing. This didn't deter Erratum, already being used to leading the conversation between the two of them. "ThAt'S nOt ALl THat'S chANGed thOuGH, hAS iT?" Erratum prompted. Pigment sighed, and despite his not-so better judgement, he decided to think about it.

"Don't worry Dream!" Ink said, as Nightmare went to make a portal, "I probably won't die! haha!" Ink told Dream, waving goodbye

"oh! Error! haha, almost forgot about that" He said to himself

 "maybe I should flip a coin- wait I don't have one" Ink said

"What are you wearing? It's so weird! haha!" Ink exclaimed

Pigment frowned, "I haven't... I'm no different than before" He said, mostly to himself. Erratum gave Pigment a small smile, "YoU'rE NoT? i kNow i've CHanGed" Erratum admitted to Pigment, deciding not to argue with him. "FoR oVer A MiLLeNnIa I WAs ANgRy, MiSerABlE, EVen CrUel SOmEtiMes" He told Pigment shamefully, "I WaS lONelY aNd TIred" He added, and Pigment looked away. "I wAS lIkE thAT foR as LoNg As I Can remeMbER" Erratum looked to the side, then back to Pigment, "EvEN iF yOu diDN'T chANGE, I KnoW i dID" Erratum gave Pigment a sad look.