Chapter Seventy-One

(Cont. From Chapter Sixty Nine)

Sans huffed, "My code?" He questioned, giving Erratum a hesitant look. Ink snorted, "Code? Like a videogame kind of code? Or are you talking about some sort of code of conduct sort of deal?" Ink said, smiling. Erratum hesitantly nodded, "I GueSs An eASy WaY tO DesCriBE It wOulD bE LiKe VIdeoGamE cODE, YeS" Erratum agreed. Pigment spoke up next, "Your code, before you ask, Is basically everything about you, your body, your thought processes, your experiences, Everything" Pigment informed them.

Blue frowned, "Isn't that just- your soul?" Blue questioned, confused. Sans huffed, mouthing the word 'soul' in confusion. Erratum shook his head nervously, "uH, nO, bUt I CAN seE WhY yoU're ConFUSed" Erratum admitted. "TheY HAVe a lOt Of sIMiLAR QuALiTIeS whEn wRIttEN oN pAper, BuT TheY cOuLdN't Be mOre dIFFereNT" Erratum started to explain.

"The first major difference is that coding makes up everything, while only the living have souls" Pigment interjected. Erratum nodded, "A good way to explain it is that your soul can't exist without your code, but your code can exist without your soul" Pigment told them, "I think I'm a good example of that" He added. "ThAt'S thE mOSt sImPlE WaY tO DeFinE It, I guESS" Erratum agreed, "tHe oNlY DiffEreNce YOu'LL nEed TO KnoW ThoUgh Is HoW MuCH We CAN iNTEract WitH TheSE thInGS" Erratum scratched the back of his next, thinking.

"That got something to do with the whole, 'go through what makes sans, sans thing?' by any chance?" Error asked sarcastically. Nightmare huffed, "Your sarcasm is duly noted, Error" Nightmare snapped back at him, no actual bite behind his words. Erratum chuckled, obviously amused. "iF YoU LeT mE CoNtiNuE..." Erratum spoke up, interrupting Nightmare and Error. "AnYWay, aS i WAs GOiNg TO SAy, iT'S hIghLy DanGEROUs TO EveN TOuCH soMeoNe'S soUl, LeT aLonE try tO tAMpER witH iT" Erratum said darkly. "CoDe, HoWEveR, WhiLe it DoeS hAVe cONquENces If YOu mEss Up, iT Is aCtUALLy posSiBLE TO Go THroUGH iT" Erratum disclosed, almost proudly. "iF yOu KnOW wHaT yOu'RE DoiNg aNywAY" Erratum added as an afterthought. 

Sans huffed, nervous. "And you know what you're doing, huh?" He asked defensively. Pigment answered for him, "Of course he does, how do you think he destroyed entire worlds in a matter of hours?" Pigment asked, looking at sans as if he had just told him the sky was green. "Pigment!" Erratum hissed at Pigment, and looking over to his fellow God, he instantly noticed the upset expression on his face . "Destroyed worlds? What are you on about?" Error asked, looking at Erratum and Pigment in confusion.

Erratum opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Noticing this, Blue quickly started to talk. "Back in their world, Erratum had to, uh, get rid of A few of worlds or every single world would be destroyed. That make sense? I think it makes sense" Blue spoke in a rush, his hands flying in different directions as he spoke, showing he was nervous. Error frowned, "Worlds with... People in them?" Error questioned carefully. Erratum sighed, and a quiet, "yes" escaped his mouth. Pigment looked at them in curiously.

For a few moments no one talked, until Error spoke up again, "So, It was a kill a few to save the majority kind of thing? Like in those psychological questions Mob makes the students take?" Error muttered, looking at Erratum with morbid interest, despite being disgusted with the thought of it. Erratum's shoulders laxed somewhat, and he nodded. "yEAh, WhEN We MaNaGE tO TrAvEL bacK hOmE wE WoNT Be In thAT PosItiON agAIN." Erratum reassured, "PiGmENt ANd I ARen't gOInG to COnTINuE thIs stuPId 'wAr' wE WerE iN" Erratum added.

Pigment blinked, "What?" He questioned abruptly. Erratum looked over to him, a conflicted expression on his face, "...rIghT PiGMenT?" Erratum questioned slowly. Pigment didn't say anything, staring at Erratum intently. Nightmare coughed, grabbing all but Pigment's attention. "How about you two talk about... whatever you're on about later, okay?" Nightmare offered. "Yeah, we still need to talk about this code stuff" Ink spoke for the first time in a while, his tone guarded, his gaze strictly on Pigment.