Chapter Eighty-One

(*Edited*)

Erratum, Ink and Blue glanced down at a rough sketch of a blueprint. Despite not really understanding the complicated plans for the machine, Erratum grinned at the two French brothers. "ThIs Is GreaT" He told them, honestly. Blue nodded beside him, "yeah, this is going quicker than I imagined it would" He admitted to the scientists.

Rainier gave them a large grin back, while Appareil sighed. "I'm glad you're content" Appareil didn't smile as he said this, but Blue could tell that the man was pleased. "But I'm afraid I might have some bad news for you" Appareil informed them, making them all frown. Ink gave them a concerned glance, before turning back to the older men, "Bad news? what kind of bad news?" He questioned.

Rainier scoffed, hitting Appareil repeatedly. "oi! ne leur faites pas peur! frère stupide!" Rainier shouted at his brother. Appareil didn't seem to upset at getting hit, and Erratum was starting to think it may be a regular thing. Rainier turned to them again, a smile back on his face, "Don't worry! There is nothing to worry about!" Rainier huffed, "My brother is being dramatic" He told them, waving his hand.

Appareil rolled his yellow eyes, "As I was saying..."He paused, "Things may not move as quickly now that we have a plan" Appareil picked up the blueprints. Rainier nodded, grinning, "Not bad news, see?" He added to his brother's words. Erratum nodded, "hOW LoNg DO You thInK it'Ll taKe?" He asked, "yeah, how long will it take?" Ink repeated his words, curiously gazing at the two scientists.

Appareil opened a draw, putting the blueprints inside as Rainier spoke. "oh, not too long" Rainier reassured them, "a few months, a few years, not too sure" He added. Erratum nodded, ignoring the shocked shout of, "a few years?!" From Ink. "OkAY" He responded, keeping calm unlike the skeleton behind him, "WhAT aRE yOu gOiNg TO Be DOiNg NeXT?" Erratum glanced at Ink, who was being detained by Blue.

Appareil sighed again, removing his glasses, before putting them on again. "I'll be working on the Blueprints, but that won't really be going anywhere until we get a better grasp on code and it's magic" He told them, just as Ink's shock faded away. "oui, we have to be patient now" Rainier told them, glancing at Ink.

Blue frowned, "a few months to a few years in a pretty big range, why is it so vague?" Blue asked, letting go of Ink. Rainier hummed, "It matters on how successful we are with merging magic with technology- and the code while we're at it" Rainier explained, "no one's tried this before, so we'll have some trouble. Essai par erreur, oui?" Rainier added, cheerful as always.

Erratum nodded, "yeaH, THat MakEs SENse" He agreed. Erratum then frowned, before giving them a slight smile, "ANyTHiNg YOu NeED mE to dO?" He questioned them. Rainier grinned at that, "Yes actually! Voyager, come this way" Rainier ordered, grabbing Erratum by his arm.

Dust fiddled with his glasses, sitting on his living room couch. His older brother, who was eight years older than him, sat on the wooden floor with his legs crossed, a game controller gripped firmly in his hands. "Seriously Dust, how are you having trouble with this?" His brother questioned, passing through the games level with ease.

Dust gave his brother a weak glare, though the elder couldn't see it, as his back was turned away from him. "I don't play it that often Ash" Dust almost whined out. He huffed, adding, "Unlike you- you absolute child" Dust mocked his brother.

The game paused, and Ash turned to look at him. Dust was greeted with eyes similar his own, yet slightly different, one being blue, and the other being a dark lavender. "I'm a child? I think it's obvious I'm not, c'mon Dusty, I thought you knew better than that" Ash responded, a large, relaxed grin on his face. Dust rolled his eyes at the other skeleton, "You know what I mean!" Dust exclaimed, kicking at his brother. Sadly, He was too far away.