Chapter Forty-One

It was dark. Not dark enough that you couldn't see, but it wasn't like bright either. It probably didn't help that everything was dirty, and that Ink currently had a blindfold on.

Ink knew both Bird Dream and DS!Ink were there. He knew Bird Dream was still there because he still wanted to cry out of sheer happiness, which wasn't was nice as he initially thought it would be, And he knew DS!Ink was there because he could recognise his own voice from a mile away.

He didn't know how it had happened, he couldn't remember it clearly, but it was obvious that the two of them managed to knock him out. Ink wondered how the two of them managed to knock a God out, but figured it probably had to do with his newly obtained 'emotions'.

He could tell he was tied up with ropes, and that he was sitting on what would probably be the most uncomfortable chair he had ever sat on. He could tell the room was small, both from the logic that all dungeons had small cages, and that he could hear both Bird Dream and DS!Ink fairly clearly, although it was obvious that there was something in between the three of them.

He heard someone coming closer to him, and the he felt the blindfold on him fall off.

Ink sighed, looking at Bird Dream. "Can you believe this?" He asked DS!Ink, who was standing a little closer to him than Bird Dream, "This is the second time I've been tied up! First your brother does it, and now you!" Ink exclaimed, "Really funny, right? haha" Ink added.

Bird Dream came closer, and Ink move in his seat, getting uncomfortable. "Who are you?" Bird Dream questioned. Ink frowned, "Can you back up? Your aura's making me feel funny" Ink exclaimed. Bird Dreams eyes widened, and he asked, "Aura? are you a guardian of some sorts?" Bird Dream asked. Ink shook his head, "No! I'm a God, but that's besides the point- can you back up? I'm not used to emotions and I think I'm about to burst into tears" Ink asked again.

It was a strange feeling, as Ink had never truly cried before, as he never felt the need to.

Crying was a strange concept to Ink. Sure, he knew the basics, like the fact that it relieves stress, but other than that, he didn't understand it at all. He didn't understand how most cry whenever they feel an overwhelming amount of emotion, whether that be anger, sadness, happiness, being afraid, or even just from not getting enough sleep.

Just as promised, a few seconds later, Ink started to cry. "I-I'm so- I'm so happy!" He exclaimed, crying. DS!Ink looked over to Bird Dream, who seemed unimpressed, but also very surprised. "Maybe I should do the questioning" DS!Ink offered. Bird Dream looked over to DS!Ink and nodded, leaving the room.

As soon as Bird Dream left the room, Ink stopped crying as if someone had flipped a switch. "Why are you here?" DS!Ink questioned. Ink gave his other self a confused look, "I didn't tell you? I'm looking for someone" Ink answered, DS!Ink frowned, "looking for who?" He asked. Ink grinned, "Error! I'm trying to find him, It's so boring without him" Ink replied, pouting. 

DS!Ink gave him a confused look, "Error? that crybaby?" DS!Ink questioned. Ink shook his head, laughing "No! you misunderstood me" Ink told him. "I'm talking about my Error, not yours" He told him, "We were having so much fun! But then he fell into the void" Ink told DS!Ink. "The void?" DS!Ink questioned. "Yeah! Error's lucky he's a God, another wise he would of died" Ink explained, laughing again. "The void is very random, you see" Ink told him, "It's not like there's an order for which multiverses you'd end up in, that would be silly" Ink added.

It was silent for awhile, until, "And what if this.. Error guy isn't here?" DS!Ink questioned. "Isn't it obvious?" Ink asked, "I'll just jump in he void" Ink responded, his eye-lights gone. 

DS!Ink jumped back, ready to summon his paintbrush, but by the time he looked back at Ink, he's eyes were back to normal. "hahaha! you should of seen your face! It was hilarious!" Ink exclaimed, laughing. DS!Ink didn't seem to find it funny though, and didn't laugh along.

DS!Ink sighed angrily, and walked away. He didn't return for awhile, and Ink assumed he was talking to Bird Dream. Once he did return, all DS!Ink said was this, "we don't have the person your looking for" DS!Ink told him. Ink pouted, "aw, too bad. I'm gonna have to jump into the void again!" Ink exclaimed. "Did you know that once you go into the void, it feels like you can't breathe? No? I didn't either! haha" Ink rambled. 

"Well, since he's not here" Ink spoke, "I have no use in being here any longer" He told DS!Ink, turning the ropes into Ink. He picked up his paintbrush and bag, which was still full since he hadn't needed to use anything, and looked over to his counter part, "Hey! you should smile more! People might like you more" Ink told him. He made a portal into the void once again, but before he went through it, he paused, "Tell Bird Dream to try and not kill his brother all the time? sometimes just sitting with your enemy can be a good thing!" He told DS!Ink, walking through the portal.

"Bird Dream...?"