Chapter Thirty-Nine

(A/N By the way, I want to make it clear that Ink/Pigment isn't the bad guy! Pigment doesn't have a soul, so he can't feel any guilt, remorse or anything! He can't have morals, friends, feelings or anything that the rest of the characters take for granted! The way he's thinking is the only way he can think, so please keep that in mind :)  )

One year Ago

Ink frowned, tapping a pencil on the table. "Ink! come on, we're going to be late to the party!" Dream told him. Ink groaned, and looked over to his friend, "Nah, I just wanna rest" Ink told Him. Dream paused, then gave him a smile, "Okay Ink, I'll see you soon" Dream told him, walking out the door.

Ink sat still for a minute. Before throwing his pencil at the wall, his eyes going red, "I'm so bored!" He exclaimed. He frowned, looking down as if was sad, "Error!" He moped. 

Ink was bored out of his mind. It had been a few months since Error's suicide mission, and all that's happened was party after party. Don't get him wrong, parties can be fun, but after you've gone to over ten in two weeks, they start to get repetitive. 

He wanted action! he wanted to fight Error again, annoy him, and make fun of his dolls! Ink almost wanted to make another bad sans to fight, but he knew it wouldn't be the same.

Ink looked down at his viles, and frowned. Ever since Error fell into the void, they'd been slowly loosing their affect. Sure, his eyes still looked the same, but each time he took them, he felt less and less, making him even more restless. 

Nightmare hadn't even come out to fight once! Well, Ink assumed that would happen. The few times where Error and himself actually just enjoyed each others company, instead of trying to kill each other, Error had mentioned Nightmare quite a bit. And, if Error's sentimentality was shared, Nightmare was probably not feeling the greatest right now.

Ink knew he was gonna go bonkers without any fun. He wanted chaos! But sadly, everyone else wanted peace. Well, that wasn't gonna stop him if he wanted fun, it might just make it more fun! 

'Maybe i should destroy something' Ink thought, 'Error always seemed to have so much fun while he did it' He thought. As if on que, the alarms went off in the star sanses base. Ink pushed a grin onto his face, "oh! I wonder who broke in?" Ink questioned.

The doors slammed open, and an angry looking skeleton came in. "hello Nighty!" Ink exclaimed, before moving his head, a question mark appearing on his face, "Where have you been? it's been months! haha" Ink exclaimed. Nightmare glared at the forgetful skeleton, finding him absolutely stupid "I forgot how annoying you were" Nightmare spoke. Ink gave him a hurt look, "Oh! I thought we had something!" Ink whined. 

Nightmare growled, glaring at Ink. Using His tentacles, Nightmare picked Ink up, "oh, so were doing this now?" Ink said suggestively. Nightmare paused, taking what he said in, then turning blue from embarrassment. Nightmare glared, "Shut up"

The door slammed open once again, and instead of a goopy nightmare, an out of breath Dream appeared, "Ink!" Dream exclaimed. He tried to find his bow, but found it had disappeared. "Don't worry Dream!" Ink said, as Nightmare went to make a portal, "I probably won't die! haha!" Ink told Dream, waving goodbye as he disappeared through a portal.

Ink looked around the castle in wonder, "did you redecorate this place? it seems even more gloomier!" Ink exclaimed, laughing. Nightmare growled, "No" He answered, Ink frowned, "you look mad" Ink told him.

Ink was then thrown onto the floor, "do you want something? or are you just gonna try and kill me?" Ink asked, his eyes flickering white, before returning to their colourful state. Nightmare looked at him, and shook his head, "I know you know that Gods can't die, Ink" Nightmare accused him. Ink only grinned, proving what Nightmare said to be true. Nightmare then glared, "And I know you know Error isn't dead" Nightmare accused. Ink smiled, "and what if that's true? what are you gonna do about it, Nightmare?" Ink replied. 

Nightmare shivered slightly, then glared, not letting the freak in front of him affect him. "You're getting Error back, I don't care if you don't want to" Nightmare told him. Ink grinned, "Get him back? Error can come back?" He questioned, making Nightmare nod. Ink smiled happily, "why you asking me? why not just get him back yourself?" Ink asked. "only a God can go through multiverses, idiot. anyone else who tries gets forgotten" Nightmare explained. 

Ink eyes changed again, "oh! that's why you were gone so long!" Ink exclaimed, "you were figuring this out! you're so smart!" Ink shouted. Nightmare sighed, "will you get him?" Nightmare asked. Ink's eyes turned into question marks, "get who?" He asked. Nightmare growled, "Error, you idiot!" Nightmare shouted. 

Ink smiled, "oh! yes!" He shouted. He then grabbed his scarf, and grabbed a pen, "look i'll write it down so i don't forget!" he said, "I..n.k pro..m.is...es" He said, "t..o...re.turn...err..or...sa..ns" He continued to write, "T..o...Nig..ht..ma..re...sa..ns" He added, "sa..f...e..ly" He finished. Ink smiled, "there we go!" He exclaimed, showing it to Nightmare, "See, 'Ink promises to return Error sans to Nightmare sans safely! haha" He shouted, smiling at the other.

Nightmare scoffed, "whatever Idiot, just get him back" Nightmare told Ink. Ink grinned, his eyes changing again, "of course! project: return Error!" Ink exclaimed. Nightmare sighed, and made a portal, "Go get your stuff, you'll probably want that paintbrush of yours" Nightmare told him. 

Once Ink left, Nightmare just realised he probably did something stupid, so he was surprised to see Ink come back, with a bag that was heavily filled, and his oversized paintbrush. Nightmare laughed, "you really are an idiot, aren't you?" Nightmare said to himself, making a portal. Ink only smiled, "Okay!" Ink said, "Lets go!" He shouted, jumping into the portal.

Nightmare sighed, shaking his head, "A true Idiot, that one" He muttered. Turning back into his passive form, Nightmare heard a knock at the door, "who is it?" He asked, his voice softer than before, "It's me. killer" He heard. Nightmare smiled softly, "come in".