Chapter Fifty-Eight

Paperjam walked into a near alley way, and leaned against the wall. He called Emilio, and a few seconds later, He answered. 

He didn't bother to wait for Emilio to say something, Instead, He instantly said, "I- I think I saw him" Paperjam whispered. His hands were shaking harder than before, and it was hard to stand. 

Paperjam gave a weak glare, mad at himself. It was probably nothing, he was just overreacting. Jeffry wasn't here, he just thought he saw him. But still, he wouldn't stop shaking, no matter how much he tried to convince himself. "what? I couldn't hear you Paperjam" Emilio responded. 

There was something else said, but it was too quiet for him to hear. "I saw him- I think I saw J- J- Je- Je-" Paperjam's voice became more panicked, and his vision became blurry. "What? are you okay?" Emilio questioned, concerned.

Paperjam tried to say no, or anything really, maybe even just the tiniest noise. But nothing came out, except a sob. "Where are you?" Emilio's worried voice came out of the phone. Paperjam breathed out of his mouth a few times, and shakily replied, "I'm- I'm not far away from school- I- I'm near that grocery shop, There's an Alley... way..." Paperjam paused, his eyes widening.

Paperjam stiffened, "Paperjam! Paperjam!" Paperjam could hear his name being called through the phone, but he didn't answer, unable to look away from what he saw. In front of him, Jeffry stood. He was dressed so you could barely see his face, but Paperjam instantly knew that it was him. Jeffry took his hat off, and his face was now completely visible.

That was when Paperjam screamed. 

Paperjam dropped his phone, and backed up, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. The cat monster seemed amused at this, and he took a step forward, almost in a teasing way. He hadn't even said anything to Paperjam yet, but he was already feeling weak in his knees.

"Hello, kid" Jeffry muttered, although it was heard quite clearly. "I've been p*ssed ever since you got away from me, did you know that?" Jeffry said louder. Paperjam's back hit the end of the alley way, He was trapped. "No one's ever gotten away from me before, but you did" Jeffry growled, getting closer.

"So of course I had to come back; to get you" Jeffry laughed darkly. "G-go away" Paperjam tried to bark out, but it only came out as a whimper. This made Jeffry laugh again, and he shook his head in amusement.

Paperjam tried to stop it, but he quickly started to cry. Jeffry seemed to ignore it for the most part, but his smile got wider, and crueler. 

"I tried so many times to get you before now" Jeffry told Paperjam, "Watching you, seeing when I could attack" Jeffry smirked, "But you were never alone; hiding like a coward" Jeffry scoffed. Paperjam's eyes widened with fear, "you.. were watching me?" Paperjam whispered, thinking back to all the times Jeffry could have been there. 

Jeffry seemed even more amused. He got close enough to Paperjam to grab him, and that's exactly what he did. Paperjam tried to push him away, but his shaking hands weren't strong enough to fight back.

But still, he tried as hard as possible, and while he couldn't escape his grip, Jeffry had got rather annoyed with him. "There's no point, I've got you now" Jeffry seemed angry, but he also looked rather amused by it. 

"You're a b*stard" Paperjam choked out, trying to sound confident. He must of seen past this façade though, as Jeffry laughed at him.

"Well, Lets talk later, okay?" Jeffry smirked, "Good nigh- argh!" Suddenly, Jeffry fell on top of him. Jeffry weighed to much, so the skeleton found himself unable to get out from under him.

Looking for what made Jeffry fall over, Paperjam saw Emilio, who was clinging onto Jeffry's back. It didn't last long, as Emilio's small and slender body was easily pushed off, and Emilio back painfully hit the wall.

Jeffry looked at Emilio, angrier than he had been before. He kicked Emilio, and the student cried out in pain. Emilio of course tried to get back up again, but he failed, finding his back in too much pain. Jeffry laughed at the skeleton, Jeffry looked back at Paperjam, who, while still shaking, was glaring at the cat monster. 

"Well, that was pathetic" He said. Jeffry then grinned, "A friend?" He asked. "Well, might as well take him too, deserves him right" Jeffry fumed. Jeffry then picked Paperjam up, and shoved him over his shoulder. Of course, Paperjam started to kick and push Jeffry, "If you don't want that friend of yours to die, then you better stop" Jeffry threatened.

Paperjam instantly froze. Die? would this man really go that far?

He looked over to Emilio, who was shaking his head. He could practically hear what Emilio was trying to say; 'No! Don't listen to him! move!' Paperjam sighed, and looked away from him.

And he didn't move.

Jeffry laughed, "Nice choice, kid" Jeffry told him. In a final attempt, Emilio tried to trip Jeffry with his legs, but it didn't work.

Paperjam felt tears filling up in his eyes, he was so scared. 

He closed his eyes.

"LeT ThEm gO" He heard a voice say. Jeffry dropped him to the ground, rather harshly, and Paperjam looked up. His dad, Mr. Erratum, Mr. Nightmare, Pigment and Horror were there. He smiled in relief. "dad..." He whispered.

Hesitantly, He looked over to Jeffry, who was shaking in his boots. "YOU! how did you find me!?" Jeffry screamed. Mr. Erratum shrugged, "iT ReALlY wasn't THat HaRd" Mr. Erratum admitted, "rIgHT, NiGHtmARE?" Mr. Erratum asked, and Mr. Nightmare nodded.

Mr. Nightmare looked over to Emilio, "After this, your having another detention!" He warned Emilio. Emilio laughed, but quickly stopped, after it started to hurt.

"NoW, jefFry" Mr. Erratum said, "GoOd nIght" He said.

Later, Paperjam sat in his room, contemplating everything. He groaned, "Magic, really?" He muttered. The skeleton then smiled, as if he thought of something funny. "Yeah, I guess so" He said to himself. 

"what do you think, Emilio?"

A/N Was this okay? I'm kinda iffy on it. Either way, i Hope you liked it! I had to write the part where Erratum saves them multiple times, and I'm still not 100% on it, but i was getting tired and my mind just went 'f*ck it' 

Paperjam now believes! yay! This will be the last time we see Jeffry, luckily. I always had trouble writing him, for some reason. He kinda seems a tinsy bit Bi-polar to me, but that might just be my imagination.

Has anyone got any complaints or something? If there's something you think i can improve on, please do tell me, I want to get as good as i can at writing! 

Anyway, have a good day/Night!